On a lighter note, I found a use for my helmet...

This sub-forum all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmets will be moved here, if not placed here correctly in the first place.
Vorpal

On a lighter note, I found a use for my helmet...

Postby Vorpal » 28 Feb 2011, 9:50am

Yesterday we were out and about & the light rain turned into hail :(

My helmet protected me very well from the hail. :D

My daughter, on the back of the tandem, doesn't have a visor on her helmet and retreated to the trailer.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

[XAP]Bob

Re: On a lighter note, I found a use for my helmet...

Postby [XAP]Bob » 28 Feb 2011, 10:20am

That's why I wear a baseball cap
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Vorpal

Postby Vorpal » 1 Mar 2011, 8:28am

I've always had trouble getting caps of any sort to stay on my head on the bicycle. Also, I think the helmet did a better job of protecting me than a cap would have. The hail stones were small, but I could feel them through 3 layers (thermal, jersey & wind cheater) on my shoulders.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

Si

Postby Si » 1 Mar 2011, 9:06am

I find helmets in hail awful - the hail collects int he vents and freezes your head then it slowly melts and runs down your neck. Much better off with a cap or Benny-hat.