Helmets stop head injuries - "Proven"

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
Claireysmurf

Helmets stop head injuries - "Proven"

Post by Claireysmurf »

I have come off a bike twice in the last 15 months. The first time I wasn't wearing a helmet and needed my chin taped and my eyebrow stitching. Last weekend I came off, hit the back of my head and now have whiplash. Again I wasn't wearing a helmet. In 1980 I fell off my bike, hit my head, ended up in hospital with concussion and a suspected fractured skull. No helmet.
I have been wearing a helmet on a semi regular basis recently and have never (touch wood) fallen off whilst wearing a helmet.

We have a snow shovel just to ensure it never snows. It has worked so far too.
Case proved :D
honesty

Re: Helmets stop head injuries - "Proven"

Post by honesty »

I remember it snowing the first year I lived in Cardiff (95) there was a slight dusting, which very quickly turned to turd brown sludge. obviously you didn't have your snow shovel then!
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I have been told that in Ireland when it begins to rain a club run nominates one member to stop and put their cape on. This apparently stops the rain.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Geriatrix

Post by Geriatrix »

I'm off to buy a coffin...
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled - Richard Feynman
Claireysmurf

Post by Claireysmurf »

honesty wrote:I remember it snowing the first year I lived in Cardiff (95) there was a slight dusting, which very quickly turned to turd brown sludge. obviously you didn't have your snow shovel then!

haha I lived in sarf London then :)