Helmets and bike share

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
horizon

Re: Helmets and bike share

Post by horizon »

Car sharing IMV usually means lierally sharing the ownership of one car or lift sharing. I know it's splitting hairs but I think the users of bike sharing (not the OP BTW, he took it from his link) are trying to say something nice but at the same time muddying the water. There is no mention of bike sharing on the Wikipedia entry and AFAIK, the London scheme is absolutely a bike hire - no-one is sharing anything with anybody. Train and bus sharing would be equally ridiculous as would cafe seat sharing etc etc. A shared use pavement implies that both parties (the cyclist amd pedestrian) have a right to use it and this right is shared so IMV it makes sense (awful thought it is). Maybe roads could become "shared" roads (i.e. cars and cyclists).
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher