Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

This sub-forum all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmets will be moved here, if not placed here correctly in the first place.
User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 17179
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby [XAP]Bob » 22 Oct 2014, 2:09pm

Just promise that you'll never become a doctor, and that if you are you'll never treat me...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Tonyf33
Posts: 3926
Joined: 17 Nov 2007, 3:31pm
Location: Letchworth N.Herts

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby Tonyf33 » 22 Oct 2014, 4:29pm

[XAP]Bob wrote:Just promise that you'll never become a doctor, and that if you are you'll never treat me...

Whatever, funny how multiple experts/physicians have stated that he's unlikely to ever regain consciousness and if he did he'll be PVS..but your wishes for yourself are your own and that of your family, sure knock yourself out, that's your perogative..IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT..just don't expect me to be particularly overjoyed when you're draining millions of pounds from the state coffers in an induced coma for years on end because you and/or your family think you'll be just fine or will miraculously recover. :roll:

beardy
Posts: 3382
Joined: 23 Feb 2010, 4:10pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby beardy » 22 Oct 2014, 4:46pm

Isnt that what the Helmet vigilantes keep saying to those of us who dont wear helmets?

User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 17179
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby [XAP]Bob » 22 Oct 2014, 6:16pm

Tonyf33 wrote:
[XAP]Bob wrote:Just promise that you'll never become a doctor, and that if you are you'll never treat me...

Whatever, funny how multiple experts/physicians have stated that he's unlikely to ever regain consciousness and if he did he'll be PVS..but your wishes for yourself are your own and that of your family, sure knock yourself out, that's your perogative..IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT..just don't expect me to be particularly overjoyed when you're draining millions of pounds from the state coffers in an induced coma for years on end because you and/or your family think you'll be just fine or will miraculously recover. :roll:

AFAIK none who have actually seen him have spoken to anyone, it would be a serious breach of medical ethics to do so.

I think it's unlikely he'll recover fully, and I rather suspect that Jules Bianchi may be in a similar position. But I've not seen either of them, so I can't declare them dead. I don't even know if their breathing is supported, and frankly it's none of my business.

As a public figure MS's accident details are of some public interest, But he is still entitled to privacy. JB's accident was very public, but he is still entitled to privacy.

Until the appropriate spokespeople have something to say then there is nothing to say about their conditions - their accidents, yes.

MS shows that helmets are not a panacea, and probably that strapping a brick to a helmet is a bad idea (hitting a brick?)
JB shows that F1 is dangerous, and hopefully safety will be imprived in a number of ways - Brawn and the rest of the comittee will make their report late in the year I think...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

TonyR
Posts: 5390
Joined: 31 Aug 2008, 12:51pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby TonyR » 22 Oct 2014, 10:11pm

Tonyf33 wrote:Except that reports/statements from the family conflict each other, if you waken/show signs of consciousness which was as far back as April then you are no longer in a coma. They then reported the same thing in August but another statement said there were no facial/signs of response. So either he is still in a coma, in which case no consciousness and after that period of time being in a coma, medically it's already certain he'll be PVS or will never waken. Or they are just repeating (In August) something that has already happened in both december (He's improving etc) AND April i.e. that he has some periods of consciousness/opening his eyes which means he is no longer in a coma.

in the 6 months since April he's shown no signs of actually being awake other to open his eyes briefly and unable to respond/communicate in any way shape or form, unable to breathe on his own, being fed by a tube, so he is already PVS with negligible functioning if anything. No brain scans have being revealed or mentioned, because it'll show the truth.

So either awaken him properly, removing the drugs that form part of the induced coma (which they've said that's what they were doing for over 2 months) and see if his body/brin can fucntion at all (which it won't) or do the decent respectable thing for him & pronounce he'll never recover.

The fact his wife/estate has put up his private jet and his F1 car up for sale speaks volumes. Keeping him 'alive' is massively disresepctful to him as a human being.

Anyway, a helmet never saved his life and that's the end of it...


So where did you get all these "facts" from? AFAIK the family and doctors have not released any medical information of this level of detail.

User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 17179
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby [XAP]Bob » 23 Oct 2014, 7:35am

TonyR wrote:So where did you get all these "facts" from? AFAIK the family and doctors have not released any medical information of this level of detail.

And yet you claim to be able to diagnose death?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 17179
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby [XAP]Bob » 23 Oct 2014, 2:03pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29738431


Making progress and expected 1-3 years, based on other patients with similar injuries.

So not dead then...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

TonyR
Posts: 5390
Joined: 31 Aug 2008, 12:51pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby TonyR » 23 Oct 2014, 3:28pm

[XAP]Bob wrote:
TonyR wrote:So where did you get all these "facts" from? AFAIK the family and doctors have not released any medical information of this level of detail.

And yet you claim to be able to diagnose death?


Did I? Where?

User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 17179
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby [XAP]Bob » 23 Oct 2014, 4:04pm

TonyR wrote:
[XAP]Bob wrote:
TonyR wrote:So where did you get all these "facts" from? AFAIK the family and doctors have not released any medical information of this level of detail.

And yet you claim to be able to diagnose death?


Did I? Where?


Apologies - wrong Tony... :oops: :oops: :oops:
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Tonyf33
Posts: 3926
Joined: 17 Nov 2007, 3:31pm
Location: Letchworth N.Herts

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby Tonyf33 » 23 Oct 2014, 8:48pm

[XAP]Bob wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29738431


Making progress and expected 1-3 years, based on other patients with similar injuries.

So not dead then...

Making progress..what progress? That's a statement of nothingness, it hasn't said anything that hasn't being said before..but whatever.
#Keepfightingmichealahelmetsavedyourlife :roll:

More and more it sounds like they are keeping him 'alive' for reasons other than him.They have the money and they can let him be in a coma or whatever physical state they can conjure up for him as long as they like. It's a moral dilemma and doing it for themsleves not what is the best/decent thing for him. That's my opinion though.

And as for facts Bob, go look them up. I'm sure you're intelligent enough to do your own research into what's what.

User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 17179
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby [XAP]Bob » 23 Oct 2014, 10:45pm

He has now been taken out of the coma and is being looked after at his home in Gland, Switzerland, where Prof Payen still visits him to track his progress.


Doesn't sound like he's still in a coma.
One of the doctors treating him is talking about recovery time for similar injuries.

Sorry, I bow to your internet wisdom, the doctor must be smoking something...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

TonyR
Posts: 5390
Joined: 31 Aug 2008, 12:51pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby TonyR » 24 Oct 2014, 6:28am

[XAP]Bob wrote:
TonyR wrote:
[XAP]Bob wrote:[quote="TonyR"]So where did you get all these "facts" from? AFAIK the family and doctors have not released any medical information of this level of detail.

And yet you claim to be able to diagnose death?


Did I? Where?


Apologies - wrong Tony... :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote]

Accepted. And the question I asked?

User avatar
[XAP]Bob
Posts: 17179
Joined: 26 Sep 2008, 4:12pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby [XAP]Bob » 24 Oct 2014, 9:24am

Don't know - you asked the other Tony ;)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

TonyR
Posts: 5390
Joined: 31 Aug 2008, 12:51pm

Re: Schumacher's helmet cam caused his injury

Postby TonyR » 24 Oct 2014, 9:36am

[XAP]Bob wrote:Don't know - you asked the other Tony ;)


Looks like we're evens :lol: