Put a LID on it London

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
Vorpal

Re: Put a LID on it London

Post by Vorpal »

They want to make money out of this, why would they consider any alternative view than helmets must be a GOOD THING?
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
mjr

Post by mjr »

Vorpal wrote:They want to make money out of this, why would they consider any alternative view than helmets must be a GOOD THING?

If only there were some sort of rules or laws against false advertising... and a competent Advertising Standards Agency enforcing them... :lol:
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Helmets prevent crashes in Belfast if we are to believe the blurb :roll: .
Telling of a crash there which did not result in his head hitting anything he says....

"My sister immediately bought me a helmet – – very nice thank-you very much big sis. I have never had another accident riding in Belfast."

Wonderful!
jochta

Post by jochta »

They've responded to recent feedback...

http://putalidonit.co.uk/more-news/our- ... -feedback/
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

jochta wrote:They've responded to recent feedback...

They have got rid of the clear implication that you're clearly wrong if you don't wear one, so while I still think they're deluded numpties missing several points they've at least moved out of being actively counter-productive.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

We will be publishing a post soon on the credentials of our team, but rest assured that we have fully qualified product designers and engineers who have launched successful safety and medical products over the past 15 years.

So will they be the first people ever to market their helmet as a safety device?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
hufty

Post by hufty »

pjclinch wrote:
jochta wrote:They've responded to recent feedback...

They have got rid of the clear implication that you're clearly wrong if you don't wear one, so while I still think they're deluded numpties missing several points they've at least moved out of being actively counter-productive.

Pete.

Fair play to them I thought - the caption for the woman cycling past a bus has been changed on the home page if not on the campaign poster; they've ditched the picture of a helmet that they deliberately broke with a hammer then placed on the road; they now state that they are against magic hat compulsion. In fact they show proportionately more unhelmeted cyclists in motion than you will see in the CTC mag most months. (IMO the current edition is exceptional - there is even an advert showing an unhelmeted cyclist in motion!)
Please do not use this post in Cycle magazine