robens lodge 2 tent on offer

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
mercalia

Re: robens lodge 2 tent on offer

Post by mercalia »

Sweep wrote:Ckearly the vaude mark II is a nice tent mercalia. Think i may have camped with someone using one once. Has it been duscontinued/had a redesign though?

Will stick with my lodge 2 though - the only slight issue with it is its inner first pitching but never yet had to put it up in heavy rain. Have put it up in high wind though and don't find putting the flysheet on solo a great problem now I am practised.

see my above post above where I ref the latest versions 4-5 posts up reply to Horizon. The Mk 2 now gone but has newer simialr models

or look here -

Vaude Mark L 2p ( there is also a 3p one, look to my previous post for that ) 2.6 kg
http://www.uttings.co.uk/p116501-vaude-mark-l-2p-tent-green-11836-400/?adwords=true&gclid=CjwKCAjw-NXPBRB4EiwAVNRLKlHZEdw8_R2oyAvsIwJUuH2Dr-bJS5ZKyLk4QUCa22HpXMyGr5G8CRoCeGgQAvD_BwE
approx £225

the Vaude site

https://www.vaude.com/en-GB/Products/Tents/2-Person/Mark-L-2P

[youtube]z1j5fjxJKSo[/youtube]

The 2p one seems to be discontinued but seems some places have in stock still - probably not to compete with this one -

there is also this one -
Terra Hogan 2P Tent 2017
https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/vaude-terra-hogan-2p-tent-2017-D1314008.html?colour=98
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

yep, have admired some Vaude tents in one of the Covent Garden outdoor shops.

Can't help but wonder aloud why they discontinued/changed the Mk II.

I much prefer the format/layout of my Lodge 2 to that longer looking new version.

Be happy for me merc - that I have found contentment :)

And you do realise that your posts are rather supporting my serious concerns in that other thread

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=118157

that Robens may be planning "improvements"?
Sweep
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Sweep wrote:yep, have admired some Vaude tents in one of the Covent Garden outdoor shops.

Can't help but wonder aloud why they discontinued/changed the Mk II.

I much prefer the format/layout of my Lodge 2 to that longer looking new version.

Be happy for me merc - that I have found contentment :)

And you do realise that your posts are rather supporting my serious concerns in that other thread

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=118157

that Robens may be planning "improvements"?

I think my Mk2 is a 3 person tent, why it is too much for a bike. But then I aint small and where do you keep all the junk. I seem to remember it was also quite expensive in the end £350+. For light traveling I will have to make do with my Kelty single skin ridge tarp tent that us also very large inside.

as for stocking up on good stuff well I do that all the time, so if the Lodge 2 is all you want then get another but if you have a spare room hang it up so it can breathe and dont crease the fabric that might damage the polyeurothane layer inside? If the tent is only about £100 then worth the chance?
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

just don't keep it in the loft, stuff shrinks up there. none of my loft stored trousers fit anymore
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

:)
Sweep
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Very quick heads up for peeps, 2 on e bay new £80 each. linky thing below, be quick.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lodge-2-from ... SwyXhZ29HV
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

is that where you got your recent tent from yostumpy?

Definitely a keen price (and other stuff as well) but must admit to being a tad wary - although that seller has some positive feedback they have a very short ebay history. And I can't find too much info on them.

I wonder aloud where they are getting the tents from, where they are coming from, and if perhaps they are seconds of some sort.

The range of products is big for a private seller and small for a business which also makes me feel a tad nervous/wary - maybe over so but there you are.
Sweep
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

yes, only bought it this morning, so not got it yet, says 'brand new', have to wait and see. says its been dispatched already. :)
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

I sent a message to that supplier asking them for an address.

They replied but declined to give one.

Maybe i am old fashioned but i am wary to say the least of dealing with an outfit that won't give me such a basic bit of info.
Sweep
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Sweep wrote:is that where you got your recent tent from yostumpy?

Definitely a keen price (and other stuff as well) but must admit to being a tad wary - although that seller has some positive feedback they have a very short ebay history. And I can't find too much info on them.

I wonder aloud where they are getting the tents from, where they are coming from, and if perhaps they are seconds of some sort.

The range of products is big for a private seller and small for a business which also makes me feel a tad nervous/wary - maybe over so but there you are.

It seems they recently started selling tents within the last month. They have positive feedback for the sale of eleven. Enough to make me happy to buy from her.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Delivered yesterday, very quick, looks new to me, all shiny pegs, all tags present, has the little bag with pole repair sleeve and 3 different coloured fabric repair patches. Well chuffed
Chat Noir

Post by Chat Noir »

I think you got a bargain.

Certainly tempted me at that price, so I've gone for one as well - if it's not suitable for us then we'll give it to one of our sons.

Interesting set of tents on sale. I understand the wariness but buyers should be protected by e-bay. Thought about popping over to Hull to collect but busy few days coming up so will wait for delivery.

Will feed back in next few days and thanks, Stumpy, for the tip and to everyone else who's provided very detailed reviews.
Dawes Galaxy 1979; Mercian 531 1982; Peugeot 753 1987; Peugeot 531 Pro 1988; Peugeot 653 1990; Bob Jackson 731 OS 1992; Gazelle 731 OS Exception 1996; Dolan Dedacciai 2004; Trek 8000 MTB 2011; Focus Izalco Pro 2012
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

I was toying with the idea chat noir.

Now gone of course.

Would be interested in your feedback as well.

Definitely a curious seller.
Sweep
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

could have been bankrupt stock ( or maybe end of line ). I think my Kelty tarp tent at £55 was that as the normal price is £100
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

Sweep wrote:I sent a message to that supplier asking them for an address.

They replied but declined to give one.

Maybe i am old fashioned but i am wary to say the least of dealing with an outfit that won't give me such a basic bit of info.

private sellers are advised not to do that sort of thing, who is to say you won't go up there and rob them. they might give you a village so you can work out viability of pickup, I often ask that but they put it on the listing.