coleman aravis 2?

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
bikepacker

Re: coleman aravis 2?

Post by bikepacker »

jags wrote:Andrew you mean theres another gobshite besides me on this forum :lol: :lol:

There's possibly a few on this forum but I don't include you. You have only ever had 3 tents and 2 of those were not suitable for you but I am not going to say which 2. :wink: :wink:

One ex-forum member (I state ex because he hasn't posted for about 4 years) has 11 different tents including some top makes. He buys them but never wants to part with any.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
jags

Post by jags »

it's a pity my mountain hardware is to heavy and bulky its a very good tent otherwise if that makes sense.. :?
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

jags wrote:it's a pity my mountain hardware is to heavy and bulky its a very good tent otherwise if that makes sense.. :?

You got it. :wink:

If you do the Rosslare tour with me I will let you try the Nallo 2 GT for a night, you will see there is very little difference. Pitching of the Nallo might be a little quicker but once inside the tent it is very similar.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

Sweep wrote:The new tent has two entrances, supposedly to help entering vis a vis the wind. This could be a weakness though i suppose if one zipped entrance developed a fault, as long as you could get it closed, you could use the other.

Twin entrances is one of those things that float some people's boats but is seen as an irrelevant degree of extra weight and complexity by others.
I use 3 lightweight tents, all of them have twin entrances (though the Spacepacker actually has 4 doors!), so you can see which side I fall. But it's very much down to preference.

It's not just a leeward entrance, it's about more flexible choices in pitches and where to put stuff. But not the sort of thing you'd miss if you weren't used to it (c.f. dismountable inners and fly-first or all in one pitching).

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Couldn't decide what tent in the end, but one of these came up on e-blag, end of season sale thing, £60 incl p+p, so I bought it, Its cheap enough to try out next year, and see what I don't like, if anything, rather than spend £200+ on a first one.
PH

Post by PH »

yostumpy wrote:Couldn't decide what tent in the end, but one of these came up on e-blag, end of season sale thing, £60 incl p+p, so I bought it, Its cheap enough to try out next year, and see what I don't like, if anything, rather than spend £200+ on a first one.

Good choice and only took eight months to decide :wink: As I posted back then, my Coleman was excellent value, never let me down and refined just what I wanted from a tent.
ImageWing Camping by Paul, on Flickr
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

PH wrote:
yostumpy wrote:Couldn't decide what tent in the end, but one of these came up on e-blag, end of season sale thing, £60 incl p+p, so I bought it, Its cheap enough to try out next year, and see what I don't like, if anything, rather than spend £200+ on a first one.

Good choice and only took eight months to decide :wink: As I posted back then, my Coleman was excellent value, never let me down and refined just what I wanted from a tent.
ImageWing Camping by Paul, on Flickr

I know, This is what I started looking at, but the more I looked, the more I thought I wanted, without any actual experience, but the cost was starting to exceed 4 x this one ( ok it WAS only £60 on special). Its a start, now I can look at bags/quilts/mats etc, even more of a mine field.