Tarp big enough to enclose a bike, bivvy and gear?

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
firestarter

Re: Tarp big enough to enclose a bike, bivvy and gear?

Post by firestarter »

The thing I dont like about a tarp set ups using a bike is for if I want to nip off on the bike I can and leave my gear in situ. Last time I sneaked off to a local campsite showers ;)

But no one can pinch your bike without waking you if your in a dodgy area using a tarp held up by a bike lol
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

firestarter wrote:The thing I dont like about a tarp set ups using a bike is for if I want to nip off on the bike I can and leave my gear in situ. Last time I sneaked off to a local campsite showers ;)

But no one can pinch your bike without waking you if your in a dodgy area using a tarp held up by a bike lol

I wonder about all thr grease and muck on the bike going onto the tarp - and you :(
Gattonero

Post by Gattonero »

mercalia wrote:
firestarter wrote:The thing I dont like about a tarp set ups using a bike is for if I want to nip off on the bike I can and leave my gear in situ. Last time I sneaked off to a local campsite showers ;)

I wonder about all thr grease and muck on the bike going onto the tarp - and you :(

Grease and muck?
Maybe mud on the tyres can be a problem, just put a bin liner over the wheels and it's job done.
Grease? My bike is never "greasy". I really don't get it when I see those people on the side of the road, covered head to toe in muck and grime for being fixing a puncture, looking more like they've been disassembling the gearbox of a lorry :lol:
Even tho, just sleep on the non-drive side :idea:
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
Ivor Tingting

Post by Ivor Tingting »

firestarter wrote:I prefer no insects so got a lux mini peak 2 me bike and gear fit perfectly

That is one gorgeous bike a Shand Stoater Rohloff hub,belt drive and disc brakes.
"Zat is ze reel prowoking qwestion Mr Paxman." - Peer Steinbruck, German Finance Minister 31/03/2009.
Gattonero

Post by Gattonero »

Sensible setup with a front pannier rack and rear Bagman
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

+1 for the Lux Mini Peak 2