Trangia 27 or 25

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
Sweep

Re: Trangia 27 or 25

Post by Sweep »

Sweep wrote:
SA_SA_SA wrote:Given the large premium of buying a Trangia over a clone, it seems a bit mean/parsimonious of them that the basic 27-1 or 25-1 models do not to at least have the larger outer pan in nicer HA, allowing easier cleaned general cooking in that and water boiling/pasta cooking in the plain alu inner pan. (I never use the lid as a fry pan: those that do could buy the full HA pan version). Buying the HA pans separately is very expensive....

They shoukd do a set with one pan alu and the other HA though of course it would complicate shopping for shops. I have a HA set but have bought a separate alu pan to replace one of the HAs as i like using it for certain things. Can also be used as a general purpose bowl. The separate alu pan cost me about a fiver. The cheapest approach overall in think for someone who wants a mixed set. The other HA pan makes a handy spare.

I don't use the HA frying pan as a lid, i use the plain alu plate for that. In any case now use a duossal frying pan so my set is a right old mongrel.
Sweep
Sweep

Re: Trangia 27 or 25

Post by Sweep »

Sweep wrote:
SA_SA_SA wrote:Given the large premium of buying a Trangia over a clone, it seems a bit mean/parsimonious of them that the basic 27-1 or 25-1 models do not to at least have the larger outer pan in nicer HA, allowing easier cleaned general cooking in that and water boiling/pasta cooking in the plain alu inner pan. (I never use the lid as a fry pan: those that do could buy the full HA pan version). Buying the HA pans separately is very expensive....

They shoukd do a set with one pan alu and the other HA though of course it would complicate shopping for shops. I have a HA set but have bought a separate alu pan to replace one of the HAs as i like using it for certain things. Can also be used as a general purpose bowl. The separate alu pan cost me about a fiver. The cheapest approach overall in think for someone who wants a mixed set. The other HA pan makes a handy spare.

I don't use the HA frying pan as a lid, i use the plain alu plate for that. In any case now use a duossal frying pan so my set is a right old mongrel.
Sweep