cheap foot print material

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
pete75

Re: cheap foot print material

Post by pete75 »

pjclinch wrote:
pete75 wrote:
pjclinch wrote:
Aye, me too. But it just might be the case that I have more of that stuff than you. There's always more stuff I'd like to take if I had TARDIS panniers, but I don't so there's always a trade-off and tent volume is part of that. That might be the case for some other people too.

So why use a phrase like "If the only thing you're taking is a tent, fair enough"

Because I was being facetious. I'm too old to put smileys on everything that needs an irony detector, sorry.

Pete.

Now the last thing I expected was that someone dogmatic enough to prescribe people's use of a footprint would ever be facetious or ironic so I missed your attempt at the same.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Gattonero

Re: cheap foot print material

Post by Gattonero »

pete75 wrote:Whatever Hilleberg use for footprints is cheap. The 80 quid for a Nallo2 footprint is definitely cheap compared to the price of the tent.

:shock:
You can buy very good quality 2oz PU coated ripstop nylon for ab out £7-8/mt, get someone to stitch two pieces together and put 4 eyelets on the ends and you have a top quality footprint made to size for £20.
That price is insane, it ought to be Cuben-fiber to justify that.
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...