Duvet

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
Gattonero

Re: Duvet

Post by Gattonero »

Lots of room in the porch, but inside is only 100cm high and 130 wide so is not fantastic. Probably more suited for moutaineering
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

mercalia wrote:
dont like balloon mats maybe a prejudice. Maybe others here who use Thermarest blowup mats would like to comment on their reliability?

I've got a T-rest Regular Long that I bought in '91 and was my Weapon of Choice for years. I have an X-Lite too for when weight/bulk were issues, but it's not as comfy as the old one. Since getting a Neo Air a few years ago I hardly use the self-inflators any more. They are easier to use with the chair kits, but for sleeping the Neo Air is more comfortable and for packing it's a whole different (and better) league.

My NA is the original rectangular one. I can't sit comfortably on the ground for long with no back support so being able to use it in a chair kit is important to me: anyone used the tapered ones as chairs?

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
Gattonero

Post by Gattonero »

pjclinch wrote:....
My NA is the original rectangular one. I can't sit comfortably on the ground for long with no back support so being able to use it in a chair kit is important to me: anyone used the tapered ones as chairs?

Pete.

I've the pump-sack/chair stuff, but have used it only for the former use, never as chair.
Should try it!
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
PrinterJohn

Post by PrinterJohn »

The Terra Nova Laser Large 3 was discontinued some time ago, but it was the ideal cycle touring tent. It is similar to the recently introduced TN Starlite 3, though a bit lighter (with seams sealed and seam covers removed). One photo shows it near a Hillyberg Akto, this being a popular cycle touring tent, for around the same weight I know which one I would prefer. I do not see the reason for carrying a camping mat which weighs more than my tent + 2 sleeping mats.
Attachments
IMG_2177.jpg
IMG_2072.jpg
IMG_2022.jpg
IMG_2202.jpg