Ireland camp sites

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
Malky 1422

Ireland camp sites

Post by Malky 1422 »

How do I find a map of Southern Ireland camp sites so I can plan a tour, tried google and all I get is caravan and motor home stuff and high prices, Its only me my bike and a tent. As I intend to go for about a month or two I need to work on a budget. Help appreciated. I did hear its around 10 Euros a night but I cant find anything like that.
bikepacker

Re: Ireland camp sites

Post by bikepacker »

I use the Ordinance Survey maps. There are four covering the whole of Ireland. Most of the campsites are marked on this map but like you say they combine with caravan sites. Campsites in the Republic are few and often far between except in certain areas like Kerry. Most of them come up on internet searches.

Ten euros seems to be a standard price. This year I paid that much for excellent sites with great facilities and the same for crap sites. Avoid staying at the campsite by the river at Carrick on Suir. It has to be one of the worst in Ireland as jags of this forum may confirm.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
meejozzz

Post by meejozzz »

If you’ve got an iPhone or iPad (not sure about Android) you can download Archie’s Camping in the App Store. I’ve used it in Holland, Germany and France. I often look up the site on the app then check if they’ve got a website - a lot of these days. I’ve found it very useful.
SA_SA_SA

Post by SA_SA_SA »

------------You may not use this post in Cycle or other magazine ------ 8)