Suggestions for Campsite Finder App

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
st599_uk

Suggestions for Campsite Finder App

Post by st599_uk »

Just wondering if anyone has any good apps for finding campsites in the UK and EU?

I'm going to try a couple of little cycle tours next year, but I'm not sure I'll be able to book all the sites I need in advance.

Do any of the various discount cards I can see advertised online work?
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
Paulatic

Re: Suggestions for Campsite Finder App

Post by Paulatic »

There’s an app WikiCampsUK I used it for a while and it’s ok but at times not comprehensive.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Acsi is quite good for most of Europe. Camping and caravanning club website good for the UK. Worth joining too because they have a lot of small members only sites.

https://www.eurocampings.co.uk/
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
bohrsatom

Post by bohrsatom »

Archies Europe (http://www.archiescampings.eu/) is comprehensive IMO but it helps to do a bit of Googling if planning to visit a site where you don't have many alternatives if it isn't open. Once in Czech we took a detour to a site on Archies only to find it was a kids holiday camp!

In general though we have no problems and continue to use the Archies data to plan tours.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Using Google maps just type in camping in the search box and it will show you all the campsites. Click on any one and it will show you their website. If the site interests you click on the star and if you have a Google account the site will be highlighted with a star on your map.

Simplest way to find campsites…

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

al_yrpal wrote:Using Google maps just type in camping in the search box and it will show you all the campsites.
Not quite. In France I have stayed on a few municipal campsites that do not appear in Google. Admittedly that is a vanishingly small percentage. Also apps like Archies rely on people reporting errors. I do not use apps at all on the road, but a few years ago I was browsing Archies at home and saw a campsite that I knew had been closed for at least 5 years. Of course I reported it.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

al_yrpal wrote:Using Google maps just type in camping in the search box and it will show you all the campsites. Click on any one and it will show you their website. If the site interests you click on the star and if you have a Google account the site will be highlighted with a star on your map.

Simplest way to find campsites…

Al

Only if you are online and only those with a presence on the web.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I suggest you have a look at Googling campsites. Any decent site has a website and I have found it very reliable in France. Do what I suggested before you go and any decent site will have recent reviews, if they havent dont go there.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......