Cutting minimising nocturnal tent exits

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
steve browne

Re: Cutting minimising nocturnal tent exits

Post by steve browne »

"But your a chap? Is it for your better half?"

One each. I expect that only one of us will require the funnel attachment!
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

steve browne wrote:"But your a chap? Is it for your better half?"

One each. I expect that only one of us will require the funnel attachment!

Ah
I am here. Where are you?
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

Old song:

"There ain't no sense
Sitting on the fence
All by yourself in the moonlight"

Doubt that the lyricist had in mind what we have been talking about.

Ah, the wind in your hair, the rain on your back, the stubbing of toe, the scratch of the bramble, the sting of the nettle, and the friendly shout of your neighbour - as you shuffle back in pitch darkness, and try to unzip the wrong tent ..........

Happy days, happy nights.
Attachments
Esnandes, near La Rochelle, Camping sauvage.JPG
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

My good old Vango Force 10 ( the double cotton job) had a side entrance to the flysheet added in the middle of the night after such a midnight wander. Couldn't find the zip crawling around in the nettles but found a peg tie down point. Assuming that this was a zip and somehow knowing that zips could be opened by pulling at the end and either side I pulled. Oops, wrong wall. There was room to crawl between the fly and the inner and drift into unconsciousness again. I am told that pints were well into double figures that night :roll:
If you get in that state a bottle needs to be very large with a big hole in the top and a simple closure. Your mates tent is a much better target.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

I've had this ever filling over active bladder for as long as I can remember so I never worry too much about it -- if it somehow fixed, then that would worry me , of course that would in turn cause the dreaded thing to start squeezing. ( can't win)

When I was about 15 and camping in one of two massive bell tents with the BB in Scotland, I had to go about 4.30am so I sneaked out but I must have woke another unfortunate boy ( who later turned out to be a great cycling buddy ) so he joined me for a p in a nearby hedge.

My mate thought it would be a great idea while on our way back to lift out every other peg around one half of the other groups bell tent to leave it saggy at one side.

Our prank didn't go quite as we had planned -- I was following him around both of us pulling pegs as we went then we slipped like eels under our bell straight into our sleeping bags and pretended to be asleep.

There was a loud thud then a lot of shouting and commotion. We realised the centre pole of the other tent had fallen, thankfully just fell between two boys but there was a gang out for revenge and one of them said they saw a pair of feet slipping under our tent ( must have been mine ) I thought oh bollllocks ! I'm dead but they yanked the the guy beside me out of his sleeping bag and trailed him across the field where an ice cold bath water trough would be his fate.
I am here. Where are you?
Morzedec

Post by Morzedec »

"Very long hosepipe for sale ........................"