Sweden - Camping Carnet?

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
foxyrider

Sweden - Camping Carnet?

Post by foxyrider »

When i've been to Denmark in the past i've had to have a camping carnet to use public camp grounds. Is it the same in Sweden?

I have an ACSI carnet already which gives third party insurance, I don't really want to cough up a tenner for something like the 'Camping Key' (from camping.se) if I don't need it.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Tangled Metal

Re: Sweden - Camping Carnet?

Post by Tangled Metal »

Isn't the ACSI recognised across the EU for that function. I believe it is about having a recognised form of ID. In some countries they accept an photo ID cards such as national ID cards, drivers licences, passport, etc. I could be wrong with that but I'm sure I read it somewhere.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

foxyrider wrote:When i've been to Denmark in the past i've had to have a camping carnet to use public camp grounds. Is it the same in Sweden?

I have an ACSI carnet already which gives third party insurance, I don't really want to cough up a tenner for something like the 'Camping Key' (from camping.se) if I don't need it.

So having accepted the expenses of travelling all the way to Sweden you baulk at a tenner for a carnet ...
True Yorkshire you are .... :lol:
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

landsurfer wrote:
foxyrider wrote:When i've been to Denmark in the past i've had to have a camping carnet to use public camp grounds. Is it the same in Sweden?

So having accepted the expenses of travelling all the way to Sweden you baulk at a tenner for a carnet ...
True Yorkshire you are .... :lol:

I already have one carnet, don't want to duplicate unnecessarily. In Denmark you have to have their carnet but it's not clear whether that's the case in Sweden.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!