Chinese Lightweight 1 person Tent

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
hufty

Re: Chinese Lightweight 1 person Tent

Post by hufty »

hufty wrote:
andrew_s wrote:
hufty wrote:Just an update to say that sadly Trekkertent don't seem to be active as of January 2020 - not responding to emails, phone goes straight to answer but can't leave a message as mail box full :(

I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Trekkertent are almost certainly a one-man company, and as such are likely to go on holiday sometimes. It's fairly likely that about now would be a good time, and that, being an outdoor type, the holiday would be somewhere out of reach.

Just an update to say that happily Trekkertent seem to be active as of late January 2020 - responding to emails, they had problems with their main account apparently and lost loads of enquiries.

And a final update to say after that shaky start and a five week wait, Marc at Trekkertent started layering on the excuses for not delivering before finally flaking out and refunding. No apology. I can make allowances for a one man band but this is no way to do business and the sooner he stops pretending to be a tent manufacturer the better. Avoid.
Please do not use this post in Cycle magazine
Nebulous

Post by Nebulous »

I've been watching this thread with regard to Trekkertent. I'm another very dissatisfied ex customer.
Promises unfulfilled and blame laid elsewhere. Completely unacceptable service.

Best avoided.
Ride, Eat, Sleep. Repeat
hamster

Post by hamster »

Who would have thought it, you get what you pay for...
hufty

Post by hufty »

If I had ordered a DCF tent I'm sure the customer service would have been the same.
Please do not use this post in Cycle magazine
nirakaro

Post by nirakaro »

hamster wrote:Who would have thought it, you get what you pay for...

Well, yeah, but taking that to its logical conclusion, you should always try to buy the most expensive item, at the highest price you can find. Which I'm not convinced is the wisest approach.
hamster

Post by hamster »

nirakaro wrote:

Well, yeah, but taking that to its logical conclusion, you should always try to buy the most expensive item, at the highest price you can find. Which I'm not convinced is the wisest approach.

Of course not, but there is somethng called 'suspiciously cheap'.

There's plenty of choice out there and you only have to look at the profit margins of shops and manufacturers to see that they are pricing sensibly. When most tents cluster at the £150-250 range then one that's at £50 should ring alarm bells.
nirakaro

Post by nirakaro »

hamster wrote:
nirakaro wrote:

Of course not, but there is somethng called 'suspiciously cheap'.

There's plenty of choice out there and you only have to look at the profit margins of shops and manufacturers to see that they are pricing sensibly. When most tents cluster at the £150-250 range then one that's at £50 should ring alarm bells.

You're right of course - most things look stupid when taken to the extreme. Common sense and discretion always wise - in both directions.