Sweden - campsites

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
foxyrider

Sweden - campsites

Post by foxyrider »

Sweden - here is a short synopsis of the camp sites I used on this summers trip through Blekinge, Kalmar and Skane counties in southern Sweden.

Whilst most sites are open until the end of September or even year round, many facilities are only fully open in High season which in Sweden runs 21st June to 15th August. Outside of this you might just have access to the ablutions so be warned. Prices quoted are for one person in a small tent, you may have to pay extra for a second person. At the time of writing (September 2019) its about 11SEK (Swedish Krona) to the £.

First Camp Sibbarp-Malmö
Strandgatan 101,
216 11 Limhamn,
Sweden

Approach seemed well signposted from the town, I went directly to the entrance. It's located within a public park area close to the waterfront a few km from Malmo centre with open access so security is low if that bothers you. Typical Scandinavian site with a mix of rental properties and camping with good facilities all included in the pitch price. All facilities need a key card for access. There are two tent areas with no set pitches, you could find it very crowded in high season. The shop is fairly well stocked with the basics and takes both cash and cards, the site and restaurant only take cards. Pitches are fairly flat and on my visit the grass quite short and in good order.
Included showers, kitchen. On site shop and restaurant, bread available daily.
SEK245/night

Tostarpsgården Camping
TOSTARP 2883,
282 91 Tyringe,
Sweden

If you manage to get on the right road you can't miss the site entrance but be warned, its a dirt road. The approach is quite a steep lane as you drop down towards the lake. Tent pitches are on a small patch above the main site but still less than 50m from the facilites. The site shop is quite basic, the 'restaurant has a basic menu. The facilities are well cared for, maybe obsessively!
Included showers, kitchen. On site shop and restaurant, bread available daily.
SEK130/night

Tyngsryd Resort
362 91 Tingsryd,
Sweden

The tent area is tiny, in high season i'd want to book! The grass is short but the ground doesn't drain brilliantly despite being on a slight slope. Nice, well maintained facilities although the restaurant is only open for lunch out of high season.
Included showers, kitchen, family room. On site shop, restaurant, bread available - opening restricted out of season.
SEK200/night

Stensö Camping
Stensövägen 100,
392 47 Kalmar,
Sweden

Well signed around the city and approaches - even on the cycle paths. Small tents without power pretty much have the run of any open ground although a word of caution, the ground can be rocky and may need clearing of tree debris before you pitch. No family room as such out of season and whilst not luxurious, the facilities are well maintained and clean.
Included showers, kitchen, laundry room. Basic groceries in shop, daily bread, restaurant closed at end of high season.
SEK240/night

Eriksöre Camping
Semestervägen,
386 93 Färjestaden,
Sweden

It is signposted once you get on the right road but whilst that might sound simple it would be easy to end up on the parallel road and potentially miss it. Out of season the office has strange hours, get there before 3pm or else! Pitches vary from flat grass to more robust plots closer to the beach.
Included showers, kitchen, laundry available as is breakfast bread from the onsite shop.
SEK240/night

Ronneby Havscamping
Torkö 52,
372 94 Listerby,
Sweden

Signposted from the E22, as the last bit of lane goes through the middle you can't miss it. The main tent area is level but very bumpy close to the waters edge but given some protection by a tall reedbed*. The facilities are well maintained but here's the kicker, you will need a supply of 5kr coins for everything from showers to using the kitchen appliances. I know my visit is out of high season but the reception opening has no rhyme or reason and is different each day of the week.
Included - well nothing except your pitch and access to the facilities.
SEK150 person/night (in theory - there was no way to pay on my visit so I got a freebie!)

First Camp Ahus
Täppetleden 201,
296 33 Åhus,
Sweden

There are signs to camping from the main road - follow them! I didn't and got lost. Reception out of season closes at 5 but all the facilities are open so pitch up and pay in the morning. The onsite shop has a reasonable range of basics. All facilities are clean and modern with plenty of power points. Tent areas are a bit lumpy but open from the trees.
Included showers, kitchen
SEK255 person/night

Tobisviks Camping
Tobisvägen 1,
272 94 Simrishamn,
Sweden

Well signposted from all directions, just follow the coast path and you can't fail to find it. Shop is stocked with the basics but at nearly double supermarket prices! Reception is open until five. Facilities are maybe in need of an upgrade but they are clean and well maintained. Tent pitches are all quite a hike from the facilities but are fairly level.
You get use of the kitchens, you pay 5SEK for 4 mins in the shower (cold is free!)
SEK 230 person/night
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!