Terra Nova Voyager Flysheet

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
whoof

Re: Terra Nova Voyager Flysheet

Post by whoof »

pjclinch wrote:
whoof wrote:
pjclinch wrote:Silicone/PU isn't either/or. Standard TN policy on the non-superlights for years has been silicone on the outside and PU on the inside (so they can seam tape it, plenty of others do this, e.g. MSR)

Bearing this in mind and you were going to seal the seams would you use Seam Grip or Silnet as I'm going to apply it on the under side?

Also I understand that you should not use Seam Grip on silicon flys but looking through my cupboard i have found some Silnet. Can this be used on the inside of a PU fly whether or not it's coated with silicon?

Main problem with silicone coated flys is stuff doesn't stick to it very much (e.g. seam tape, Vau De and Lightwave seem to have a process for it but most people use a PU coat instead 'cause it's easier and cheaper), so my guess is you wouldn't hurt the coat if it's the worng thing but it will fall off in fairly short order.

However, I'd be inclined to call up TN and ask them what they suggest.

Pete.

Thanks I've had a reply from them and have just sealed all the seams with Silnet.
whoof

Post by whoof »

hamster wrote:Mine leaked in the same place - the water doesn't shed fast from that spot.
I've still got a reel of the tape - happy to post it! You iron it through newspaper or cloth to avoid melting the proofing.

Many thanks for the offer of the tape as i already had a tube of silnet and terra nova recommended this I've used this.
hamster

Post by hamster »

8)