Camping and Caravan Club sites opening this summer

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
Slowroad

Re: Camping and Caravan Club sites opening this summer

Post by Slowroad »

Just had a very useful chat with a warden at a Camping and Caravanning Club site, she said to just book online and they will refund the difference on arrival. They sounded very, very, busy!!
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

And there I was hoping my dad and I would have a quiet tour. Meh. Bloody tourists! :mrgreen:
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Always check that the toilets are open. You can't really use a trowel on a C&CC site.
John
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

Always check that the toilets are open. You can't really use a trowel on a C&CC site.

Yep! You'll need to book ahead too - it's pretty clear on the website that there are no 'facilities'.
Hopefully the long-standing policy of always accommodating a solo cyclist/walker will be reinstated at some point...
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin