Aldi July 2020 offers - chair and sleeping bag

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
cycleruk

Re: Aldi July 2020 offers - chair and sleeping bag

Post by cycleruk »

I bought the self inflating mat a couple of years back (thanks to Landsurfer of this parish) and was pleasantly surprised at how comfy it was/is. Preferred it and much better than my inflatable airbed. Not nearly as thick but warmer than the airbed. Probably due to the internal foam sponge being insulating against cold coming up from the ground. The disadvantage is the packed size as it only rolls up so stays the width of mat.
My thoughts also that the cycle clothing isn't as good as in years back. :roll:
But if you don't like it you can return items for your money back.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

I bought the lightweight chair last time it was on their 'specials', and was really pleased with weight and comfort , but unfortunately a leg buckled...I'm only 11st , so don't think It was an unreasonable amount of weigh to expect it to carry. tip - that was slightly un-even ground in a field. I am sure on totally flat hard flooring it's fine...but I'm not camping on hardwood floor's very often
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Sooper8 wrote:I bought the lightweight chair last time it was on their 'specials', and was really pleased with weight and comfort , but unfortunately a leg buckled...I'm only 11st , so don't think It was an unreasonable amount of weigh to expect it to carry. tip - that was slightly un-even ground in a field. I am sure on totally flat hard flooring it's fine...but I'm not camping on hardwood floor's very often

Did you return it?
They are good on returns.
Sweep
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

I've had one do the same, but I have to admit, I was abusing it. Wiggling about and twisting in it whilst sat in it to see if it could take the abuse. I soon learnt my lesson.
I've been using another one (I bought 3)on my camp trips since and that's been ok.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

Sweep wrote:
Sooper8 wrote:I bought the lightweight chair last time it was on their 'specials', and was really pleased with weight and comfort , but unfortunately a leg buckled...I'm only 11st , so don't think It was an unreasonable amount of weigh to expect it to carry. tip - that was slightly un-even ground in a field. I am sure on totally flat hard flooring it's fine...but I'm not camping on hardwood floor's very often

Did you return it?
They are good on returns.

It was probably 2 years old, and I just didn't think they swap or refund without receipt.