Budget solo cycle-camping tent suitable for very tall folks?

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
pete75

Re: Budget solo cycle-camping tent suitable for very tall folks?

Post by pete75 »

Been using one of these for a while now when solo camping . 210cm inside with short end poles which give reasonable clearance at the foot end. Not bad for two either because it has a door each side. Packs into 40cm long bag so fits easily into a pannier. https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/trekking- ... 650&c=GREY
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Tarp and bivi every time for me
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
TimeTraveller

Post by TimeTraveller »

Alpkit has released a xl version of the Soloist tent, I have the standard version and fits good at 6ft plus some kit .. The Xl is Alpkits answer for taller folk or those want a bigger space ..

Have to be quick for the XL version by the looks of things
https://alpkit.com/products/soloist
Pete... I think
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

I am of average height but even so I have found quite a few tents pretty cramped. The old solo tent solution for larger people was the Helsport Ringstind, but the recent redesign has sacrificed height for width. And usable height is often the limiting factor, with an inner tent in your face and yet touching the bottom of your sleeping bag. Not being able to sit up to get dressed is not convenient either. By and large I think tents such as my MSR Zoic 1 summer tent with a central pole along the length of the tent solve the problem best by giving you a fair bit of quite vertical wall at both ends. The downside is that many of these are inner first designs, and hence less ideal for wet weather.