Helinox-alike chair? Current offers?

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
Psamathe

Re: Helinox-alike chair? Current offers?

Post by Psamathe »

Richard D wrote:Helinox themselves confirmed it to me I’m afraid. And that was 18 months ago (all the "out of stock" web pages have been showing the same info since then).

My ideal hair is a ground chair frame (the low height and lack of legs would allow it to be used with a tent's awning) with a chair zero cover (as it's half the weight of the cover of the chair one/ground chair).

Helinox said that the "have no plans" for such a chair, but you never know.

I would suggest an e-mail campaign, but I'm not looking for one (already got one and it's showing no signs of wear). Certainly if I was buying one today the Ground Chair would be the one I'd really want.

I've no experience of lighter fabric but overall lighter sounds good as long as it's not at the cost of robustness. Having experienced failures on tour, cycling I'd rather a small extra weight that have kit fail again.

Ian
Oggi

Post by Oggi »

I have one of these. Rolls to the size of a small sleeping mat and weighs 700 gms. You are sitting on the ground but it’s amazing how often you can find a rock, bench or bank to sit on. It supports your back and I find it a lot more comfortable than the very lightweight stools and the like.
Made by Crazy creek in the USA and I bought mine for a canoe trip over there. I also use it as an extra bit of insulation for sleeping.

5AA57D10-1F07-471E-8CC9-E383067350C6.jpeg
hoppy58

Post by hoppy58 »

I recently bought a couple of ‘dd hammocks’ folding stools..very light and compact, but not for ‘ample’ behinds!!..okay for us little un’s especially if you use a camping pillow or fleece on the seat, then very comfy.

35cm x 7cm pack size and only 310 grams, £15.00!
Attachments
BEC087A5-24CE-496C-890A-FE450604A177.png
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

If you want a replacement for the Helinox Ground Chair, there's this model from Decathlon (£30)
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/folding-c ... R-p-173601

According to this review, It's OK to use without the lower legs