Re: How light can you go?

Post by Jdsk »

Thank you

Jonathan
Sid Aluminium

Post by Sid Aluminium »

One opinion:

"The really successful lightweight camper is one whose pack shrinks every year and whose enjoyment increases in ratio with every vanished ounce." - Brian Walker, 1971
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

pjclinch wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 2:05pm
Jdsk wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 1:18pm What are "Bikesters", please?
A version of Ron Hill Tracksters made for cycling, with a higher back and reflective trim on the backs of the legs.

They periodically appear and disappear, sadly we seem to be in one of the latter phases as they're (a) good and (b) relatively cheap.

Pete.
As pjclinch says. The differences between them and regular Tracksters are subtle, apart from the reflective trim.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thank you

Jonathan
PaulaT

Post by PaulaT »

Vorpal wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 12:34pm I carry a 2 kg tent for the space & warmth. There are hills in Norway that I can barely get up unladen, so if takes me a bit longer to do a day's cycle on tour, so what? A super duper fancy light weight one-person tent could save me almost a kg, and I would curse the choice when trying to take off wet leggings while lying down in a tent that doesn't have room to sit up.
What an interesting way of looking at things :) My old two person tent weights about 3Kg although a good kg of that is the steel pegs so there's opportunities for weight saving if I ever decide to use that tent again for cycle touring. ATM my Wild Country Zepheros 1 is just about roomy enough for me. I've also got one of those cheap "coffin" tents and I can actually get changed in it even though it's impossible to sit up in it. So far it's not been used in anger, merely put up on the lawn to check how waterproof it is.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Tracksters

Bikesters :P

I got about six pairs of tracksters plus a copy or two, on the lounge floor waiting for recycling, probably keep a few.
I wear shorts all year round nowadays :)

Two years ago I did the coast cornwall and devon, july and bristol channel weather, I needed to put my windproof jacket on one day when I stopped......brrrrr..
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.