Hubba Hubba NX broken strut

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
IainMcB

Re: Hubba Hubba NX broken strut

Post by IainMcB »

I've just had the same problem on a tent more than 5 years old. I contacted their UK support department and they are sending me a replacement. It's quite possibly the best customer service I've ever received.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

IainMcB wrote: 8 Oct 2021, 11:08am I've just had the same problem on a tent more than 5 years old. I contacted their UK support department and they are sending me a replacement. It's quite possibly the best customer service I've ever received.
Why not name them, let them take a bow?
Sweep
matt2matt2002

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Sweep wrote: 8 Oct 2021, 2:57pm
IainMcB wrote: 8 Oct 2021, 11:08am I've just had the same problem on a tent more than 5 years old. I contacted their UK support department and they are sending me a replacement. It's quite possibly the best customer service I've ever received.
Quite right Sweep.
Good service should always be celebrated.
https://www.msrgear.com/ie/msr-warranty.html
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

I have had similar expereiences with many esp US manufacturers. They know it is cheap to be generous and it pays off.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

matt2matt2002 wrote: 8 Oct 2021, 9:43pm
Sweep wrote: 8 Oct 2021, 2:57pm
Quite right Sweep.
Good service should always be celebrated.
https://www.msrgear.com/ie/msr-warranty.html
ah sorry - i'd interpreted that as being a reference to a separate company.
Sweep
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

willem jongman wrote: 9 Oct 2021, 7:28am I have had similar expereiences with many esp US manufacturers. They know it is cheap to be generous and it pays off.
Long ago I had a fall during a mountain marathon that was broken by my rucksack... and the impact ripped the harness off it. It was a good pack so I sent it back to Lowe saying I'd understand if it was fit for the bin, but if it was repairable please give me a quote.
Pack came back completely repaired, free of charge!
I phoned them up to say thank you for the excellent service and was told not only is a it a good feelgood thing that keeps punters happy, but the bureaucracy of raising an invoice tends to cost more than a lot of repairs in any case.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Glad OP had a goode xperience fom MSR. My experience with my new tent (from MSR) failing mid-tour was at the other end of the spectrum - they were particularly unhelpful and I wont ever buy anything MSR again.

Fortunately I purchased the MSR tent from UltraLightOutdoor who were very helpful ("above and beyond") and rescued the situation at their own cost - so I now buy through them wherever possible.

Ian
in4time

Post by in4time »

A few years ago Mountain Equipment gave me fabulous service; replacing a damaged pole for my Dragonfly Ext FOC and PDQ. 👍 to them.