Snugpak Jungle blanket

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
Sweep

Snugpak Jungle blanket

Post by Sweep »

Anyone any experience of it?

was thinking it might be handy in particularly cold weather for increasing the season rating of a sleeping bag.

Am also interested in views on the two sizes - I gather there is a normal and an XL size.
Sweep
Outlaw13

Re: Snugpak Jungle blanket

Post by Outlaw13 »

I have one that I use instead of a sleeping bag in the summer. It also gets used by my wife round the bbq. It’s good but I think I’ll go back to a sleeping bag. I move around a lot in my sleep and the thing just slips off all the time. I think the problem would be worse if you were in a sleeping bag too.
The quality is good however. It’s reasonably light and compact although the XL is a bit of a bugger to get back in it’s bag.
Sweep

Re: Snugpak Jungle blanket

Post by Sweep »

Outlaw13 wrote: 9 Oct 2021, 9:43pm I have one that I use instead of a sleeping bag in the summer. It also gets used by my wife round the bbq. It’s good but I think I’ll go back to a sleeping bag. I move around a lot in my sleep and the thing just slips off all the time. I think the problem would be worse if you were in a sleeping bag too.
The quality is good however. It’s reasonably light and compact although the XL is a bit of a bugger to get back in it’s bag.
I take it you have the XL - I was wondering if the normal size might be good enough for adding warmth for a sleeping bag or do you think the XL would be better? Maybe easier to keep on/held down?
I wouldn't intend to use the blanket instead of a bag, even in summer.

Interested in views from others of course.
Sweep