Campsites in Aragon and Catalunya

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
DPRINCE1

Campsites in Aragon and Catalunya

Post by DPRINCE1 »

I'm planning a trip from Calais to the Costa Brava for June 2022, but finding small, non-glam, moderately-priced campsites along the Spanish section of my route is proving rather difficult.

I'll be crossing the Pyrenees by the Col du Portalet, spending my first night in Spain at a campsite in Escarrilla (Camping Escarra); but from then on, all the the way to L'Escala on the Med coast, via Huesca, Barbastro, Tarrega, Manresa and Girona - is where I could do with some help. (NB: this route is a re-run of my first cycling adventure, back in 1965).

Thank you for reading this,

David
Tiggertoo

Re: Campsites in Aragon and Catalunya

Post by Tiggertoo »

Hello Dave,

I can't help you, but it sounds like an interesting trip, so good luck revisiting old routes. 8)
Steve X

Post by Steve X »

Have you tried Archies, the website will give you a taste, but the App is where its at. I have travelled by Car extensively in the area and climbed a lot there and struggled to find campsites, but then I did not have Archies. The area is so underpopulated I would suggest having a piece of paper with something to the effect of "please can I camp here" or "is there a place I can camp nearby" in Spanish and Catalan, because you will swiftly be told, you are not in Spain, you are in Catalunya.
Enjoy, I love the area.
Steve X

Post by Steve X »

Eg Archies shows a campsite at Monzon, Liguere de Cinca, Buera and others dotted around, but non in Barbastro
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"Tomorrow we'll have coffee in Huesca."

And read Homage again...

Jonathan
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

Jdsk wrote: 3 Dec 2021, 7:37pm
And read Homage again...

Jonathan
No doubt you recognize this book was not the definitive view of the Spanish Civil War, just one man's uninformed and biased perspective. :roll:
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Tiggertoo wrote: 3 Dec 2021, 8:31pm
Jdsk wrote: 3 Dec 2021, 7:37pm And read Homage again...
No doubt you recognize this book was not the definitive view of the Spanish Civil War, just one man's uninformed and biased perspective.
Would you recommend not reading it while in Huesca?

Thanks

Jonathan
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

Maybe not reading it out to the locals while you are there, one never knows the way the political wind is blowing while independence is in the air.
DPRINCE1

Post by DPRINCE1 »

Thanks, everyone for your helpful info and advice.
David