R0017844.JPG
mercalia

Re: Pictures of your tents.

Post by mercalia »

psmiffy wrote:
mercalia wrote:looks like you found the only bit of grass there? :lol:

luxury compared to the barren piece of ground i have tonight

R0017844.JPG

so whats your current trip? and is this strealth camping?
psmiffy

Post by psmiffy »

mercalia wrote:
psmiffy wrote:
mercalia wrote:looks like you found the only bit of grass there? :lol:

luxury compared to the barren piece of ground i have tonight

R0017844.JPG

so whats your current trip? and is this strealth camping?

To Rheinfeld I. Southern Germany and back by the scenic route - nearly a!l campsites - only camp sauvauge when necessary

St Gilles - about 15km from med tonite
Kapalasa

Post by Kapalasa »

test3.jpg

My Vango Banshee 200 (complete with drying towel) pictured at Wagondrift Damn, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa during my SA and Swaziland bicycle tour 2015/16. A most excellent tent for bicycle touring.
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Kapalasa wrote:
test3.jpg

My Vango Banshee 200 (complete with drying towel) pictured at Wagondrift Damn, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa during my SA and Swaziland bicycle tour 2015/16. A most excellent tent for bicycle touring.

And that's kukuyu grass/lawn you have pitched on. A fine encampment indeed.
Bigdummysteve

Post by Bigdummysteve »

IMG_0074.jpg

My Hilleburg nallo 2 ready for a recent night on Dunkery Beacon ( the highest point on Exmoor). Although ive spent many happy nights in this tent ive recently added a Nordisk telemark2 to the collection in an attempt to reduce my setup weight off-road, @ under a kilo hopefully it should help but will take a long time for me to trust it as much as my nallo
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Bigdummysteve wrote:
IMG_0074.jpg

My Hilleburg nallo 2 ready for a recent night on Dunkery Beacon ( the highest point on Exmoor). Although ive spent many happy nights in this tent ive recently added a Nordisk telemark2 to the collection in an attempt to reduce my setup weight off-road, @ under a kilo hopefully it should help but will take a long time for me to trust it as much as my nallo

Lovely. BTW is that the new 'project' in the background? I've just bought an older MTB for off road touring. Happiness [emoji106]
Bigdummysteve

Post by Bigdummysteve »

Heltor Chasca wrote:
Bigdummysteve wrote:IMG_0074.jpg

Lovely. BTW is that the new 'project' in the background? I've just bought an older MTB for off road touring. Happiness [emoji106]

Indeed it is, Surly ECR with my old rohloff hub and jones bars. An amazing bike for off road touring. Unfortunately due to some life changes I've not managed any long tours yet but I'm planning some escapes next year, the ridgeway first,then Scotland.

The adjustment from the dummy is hard! At the moment I'm running a hybrid setup with anything cages and a handlebar roll together with a rack and small rear panniers. I'm also looking forward to my first trip with my boy on his own bike.
Gattonero

Post by Gattonero »

I guess that on the moor you do need all those pegging points if the wind kicks on, better safe than sorry!
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
wizard

Post by wizard »

Some impressions of the Luxe Outdoor Sil Hexpeak V4 and MSR Hubba Hubba HP, enjoy!

Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Sorry off topic but what's the luxe tent like? Good quality? How much space do you lose with the tipi shape?

We are looking at hexpeak f8, larger version, with inner. We're a bit worried about the slope of the tent giving us less space than we think.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

mercalia wrote:
Tangled Metal wrote:
foxyrider wrote:This is getting a bit like the 'lifetime' warranty offered on some bikes. It's not your lifetime but the products life which will be in the small print.

Off topic but the lifetime warranty on some items can actually mean lifetime.

A mate has an ancient Karrimor rucksack that came with their gold lifetime warranty. It's a decent rucksack, light even by today's standards not bad at all. The trouble is every time he rips or damages it he returns it with a copy of the receipt and label hoping they just cut their losses and give him money for something new. Sure enough 2 weeks later he was gets the old rucksack back. All stitched, washed and to a high standard. It has to be 30+ years old now and just won't die because of the warranty.

Anyway back on topic now.

am surprised the warrenty is honoured as Karrimor not Karrimor now?

It was last honoured about 2006 I think but I've lost contact with the guy a few years back. I guess whilst it's had several owners the company could have been legally considered as being intact after each sale with all liabilities being taken on. If so then lifetime guarantees are just another contractual liability. Seriously though, the guy just wanted a token gesture of money not the rucksack back. He wanted to upgrade but with that sack being so good be couldn't justify it. Seriously a 74 or 80 litre sack weighing about a kilo and a bit, that's comfortable and capable of carrying 25 to 30 kg without discomfort! Why throw away? If they keep repairing it keep using it i say. When it can't be repaired then i guess money back.

BTW he said that each repair it comes back washed and fully checked. It had a few wear and tear issues as well as the failure but they all got fixed. Looked a very good job too. He does keep the original tags outlining the guarantee, the receipt and a few photocopies. Surprised the receipt can still be read.
wizard

Post by wizard »

Tangled Metal wrote:Sorry off topic but what's the luxe tent like? Good quality? How much space do you lose with the tipi shape?

We are looking at hexpeak f8, larger version, with inner. We're a bit worried about the slope of the tent giving us less space than we think.

Quality is decent, but not excellent like Hilleberg. Stitching is good, the inner tent floor quite flimsy, that's why I prefer a Tyvek footprint. You will definitely loose some space around the perimeter because of the sloping sides. My Hexpeak inner measures 2,30m but only 2,00m is useable space I guess. I think the Wickiup 3 from Nigor which has a slightly smaller footprint, has more useable space because its higher pitch (1,55m vs 1,40m). In this video the guy from Luxeoutdoor.de shows the inner dimensions of the F6.