bivvy bag users and the critters

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
mercalia

bivvy bag users and the critters

Post by mercalia »

any one here been used as a snack by critters during the night aslseep. After seeing a post on web about giant rats in Sweden I started to wonder. My sister says they are here also in the UK, seen some in her garden, also giant mice. This thought putting me off getting a bivvy bag. So what are the experiences of people here?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26764929

mainly interested in the UK. not really concerned about bears and coyotes taking a bite
DaleFTW

Re: bivvy bag users and the critters

Post by DaleFTW »

Can't say I've ever given it a thought tbh. Might now! :D
Vinko

Post by Vinko »

Ive often used a bivvy bag, no problems at all. In tents I have had a number of furry (and more often prickly .....i.e - hedgehogs) visitors.......actually the most common visitor in this country is as we all know.....the SLUG :twisted:

My favorite bivvy bag technique has been to have a mini hammock too and that combination is my all time best way of travelling and "camping".
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Vinko wrote:Ive often used a bivvy bag, no problems at all. In tents I have had a number of furry (and more often prickly .....i.e - hedgehogs) visitors.......actually the most common visitor in this country is as we all know.....the SLUG :twisted:

My favorite bivvy bag technique has been to have a mini hammock too and that combination is my all time best way of travelling and "camping".

curious about the mini hammock. any pictures?
keithg

Post by keithg »

mercalia wrote:any one here been used as a snack by critters during the night aslseep. After seeing a post on web about giant rats in Sweden I started to wonder. My sister says they are here also in the UK, seen some in her garden, also giant mice. This thought putting me off getting a bivvy bag. So what are the experiences of people here?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26764929

mainly interested in the UK. not really concerned about bears and coyotes taking a bite

Midges are the main problem in my neck of the woods at least for most of the summer, they make the west coast of Scotland a bivvy bag free zone for me.