camping pet hates

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: camping pet hates

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
robing wrote:Re noise and light. Wild camping solves these problems!

Cant beat it :D
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
psmiffy

Post by psmiffy »

Being deaf solves the problem of noise when wild camping under motorway bridges :D
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

was at Truleigh Hill YHA camping and some yobos with their van parked near my tent and kept coming in late at night and kept going to van doors and opening and slamming them shut - what with that and the sheep/lambs............
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
That why I never use......never have YHA's and camp sites.

The bliss of being alone with only the natural wildlife, the grass munching and occasional bunny hopping thumps I will take any day over larger louts with weak bladders........... :lol:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

I'd miss lots about campsites - other people to watch being one of them. Ups & downs, swings & roundabouts... the ones that don't suit me so well just make the ones that do even better! :-)
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
bikerwaser

Post by bikerwaser »

Dogs
Heltor Chasca

camping pet hates

Post by Heltor Chasca »

I was on a busy campsite this weekend with my daughters. The 2nd night some guy fired up his music. Now we all like music but not other people's music especially when the volume and tones are oscillating in the wind. One of his own group told him to wind his neck in. Brilliant. The same bloke came along to our campsite and tried to sponge some wood of me as in his own words 'was suffering from log envy'. Didn't offer money or to trade it for anything so unfortunately I was out of stock[emoji6].

On our last night, two drunks got into a mid-night argument/debate. In the morning a big group of kids went down and started playing outside their tent where these blokes were snoring in their stupor. One of them came out to complain and was subsequently booed by the whole campsite. Hard to hide your shame with a hangover.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Heltor Chasca wrote:I was on a busy campsite this weekend with my daughters. The 2nd night some guy fired up his music. Now we all like music but not other people's music especially when the volume and tones are oscillating in the wind. One of his own group told him to wind his neck in. Brilliant. The same bloke came along to our campsite and tried to sponge some wood of me as in his own words 'was suffering from log envy'. Didn't offer money or to trade it for anything so unfortunately I was out of stock[emoji6].

On our last night, two drunks got into a mid-night argument/debate. In the morning a big group of kids went down and started playing outside their tent where these blokes were snoring in their stupor. One of them came out to complain and was subsequently booed by the whole campsite. Hard to hide your shame with a hangover.

the stuff of which carry on films are made?
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Any kind of noise after around 9pm!
John
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

leftpoole wrote:Any kind of noise after around 9pm!
John

9 might be a bit early, most sites say 10pm but campsites that don't enforce their own rules could be added to the list! :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

foxyrider wrote:
leftpoole wrote:Any kind of noise after around 9pm!
John

9 might be a bit early, most sites say 10pm but campsites that don't enforce their own rules could be added to the list! :D

Hello,
Not too early for me.
Im not well and get very tired.
I welcome the dark evening!
Best,
John
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

High lights at cycling festivals, The Eroica !!! !!! I went round and turned them all off in the camping area at 2200hrs, to the cheers of all parties !!!
Even the security guards gave me the thumbs up ... less complaints for them ...
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
jags

Post by jags »

eh probably camping with someone with PET HATES. :lol:
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

jags wrote:eh probably camping with someone with PET HATES. :lol:

I thought of another one just as good!
Cyclists clicking in and out of cleats after 9pm..... :D :D :D :D :D :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice one from jags

John
jags

Post by jags »

yes john can be very annoying that auld clicking noise just as you get your head down a bloody roady with spd pedals pulls up beside your tent. :lol: