camping pet hates

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
syklist

Re: camping pet hates

Post by syklist »

I have a new one after trying repeatedly to get Syklist Junior to sleep before 10 pm during this summer tour. Successful "Family campings" in general and ones in particular where they decided that the ideal location for the bouncy cushion (in use until 10pm open for all) was right next to the tent field (well away from the more lucrative season pitches).
So long and thanks for all the fish...
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

syklist wrote:I have a new one after trying repeatedly to get Syklist Junior to sleep before 10 pm during this summer tour. Successful "Family campings" in general and ones in particular where they decided that the ideal location for the bouncy cushion (in use until 10pm open for all) was right next to the tent field (well away from the more lucrative season pitches).

I think that my knife would have accidentally...............
DoctorRad

Post by DoctorRad »

sore thumb wrote:The 80s disco music only stopped at 10.30pm.

I'd have been gate-crashing the disco myself...!
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

When camping in the New Forest, getting woken up early in the morning by the munching noise of a NF Pony, grazing a few inches from your head.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
robing

Post by robing »

Midges.
robing

Post by robing »

This happened today. Dog not under control pissed up a tent (not mine) I had a go at owner who did a pathetic attempt at trying to clean it. Unfortunately no staff around and tent's occupants not there. Really think dogs should be banned from campsites.
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

TrevA wrote:When camping in the New Forest, getting woken up early in the morning by the munching noise of a NF Pony, grazing a few inches from your head.

Last time this happened to me the Horse walked over the tent and me! I was bruised and tent had damage.
Frightening experience.
Regards,
John
Heltor Chasca

camping pet hates

Post by Heltor Chasca »

TrevA wrote:When camping in the New Forest, getting woken up early in the morning by the munching noise of a NF Pony, grazing a few inches from your head.

We were in the NF having a picnic this weekend. One pony decided to gate crash our rug (must be used to being fed) and my friend's collie, feeling the pony was too close went into attack mode. Only to be hoofed in the ribs! That pony knew what to do. Guess you've got to be careful, no matter how 'cute' they look.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Heltor Chasca wrote:

We were in the NF having a picnic this weekend. One pony decided to gate crash our rug (must be used to being fed) and my friend's collie, feeling the pony was too close went into attack mode. Only to be hoofed in the ribs! That pony knew what to do. Guess you've got to be careful, no matter how 'cute' they look.

Natural reaction for hoofed animal...................one of my old dogs got the kick but managed to react soon enough to divert the touch........he yelped in anticipation............. :)
After that he was very cautious, and we let it happen so he would learn.

Ever seen a Zebra do that to a Lion........can kill for sure.

Dartmoor has more than its share of do gooders feeding the neighing cattle with carrots and sugar lumps :evil:
Keep your windows wound up...............got annoyed one day when a minibus stopped in road to allow children to fed the pony's with sandwich crusts............
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Hell is other peoples music
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
whoof

Post by whoof »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Hell is other peoples music

Have you been mulling this over for the past 2 years and 4 months?
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

whoof wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:Hell is other peoples music

Have you been mulling this over for the past 2 years and 4 months?

Cyril Haearn is an expert at thread resurrection.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
hamish

Post by hamish »

Ticks..... On a lovely campsite with nicely grazed grass to sit on.... But ticks everywhere.
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

Ticks..... On a lovely campsite with nicely grazed grass to sit on.... But ticks everywhere.

YES! Lovely campsites in the Netherlands last summer... but... I'd read the Guardian article about ticks before I went, and there were notices up in the campsites, and little grey ones kept crawling up my legs. Ended up pulling a bit of my leg off with tick tweezers 'cos I thought it was a tick.
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
ossie

Post by ossie »

Noise