Which chair for the campsite

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
greyingbeard

Re: Which chair for the campsite

Post by greyingbeard »

Weimarunner wrote:Hi, not selling these as yet, well I have one that is advertised on the website but no quantity as yet.

There's no make as such, all of these chairs are coming from China. The better distributors are bringing in the nicer quality kit but there seems to be plenty of the cheap ones all over the Internet.

what website weimarunner ?
Weimarunner

Post by Weimarunner »

Oops sorry, it's www.cycletourstore.co.uk
Weimarunner

Post by Weimarunner »

I have managed to source another 14 of these chairs if anyone is still after them http://www.cycletourstore.co.uk/product ... nox-style/
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

What I'd be interested in would be a source of spare feet... One of the ones from mine is under someone's lawn, and we only realised a bit too late to find it :(
Anyone know someone/somewhere that will sell the feet?

Pete.

EDIT: Helinox's EU distributor are sending me one :)
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
truckturner

Post by truckturner »

I use a crazy creek chair which has the advantage allowing me to sit in my tent and they are very comfortable . However they were £30 when I bought them in 2000 they are now £80 odd. Would not be without it
Peter
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

Just got a helinox one for my birthday. Very thrilled! They are currently £63 in millets, him indoors may have got a discount beyond that but that's coming more into reasonable territory.
F70100

Post by F70100 »

Happy Birthday to you :D :D :D
sabrutat

Post by sabrutat »

I use an Alite Mayfly, specifically because it's leg design means I can use it in a tent on soft ground and it won't screw up the ground sheet. http://www.trekitt.co.uk/7036/products/alite-mayfly-chair-black.aspx?origin=pla&kwd=&currency=GBP&gclid=CPHv9qSW3skCFQw6GwodKTsEIA

phil parker

Post by phil parker »

sabrutat wrote:I use an Alite Mayfly, specifically because it's leg design means I can use it in a tent on soft ground and it won't screw up the ground sheet. http://www.trekitt.co.uk/7036/products/alite-mayfly-chair-black.aspx?origin=pla&kwd=&currency=GBP&gclid=CPHv9qSW3skCFQw6GwodKTsEIA

Mmm...not a bad price neither - I might have to get one of those?

I'm getting itchy feet now just thinking about my next tour!
F70100

Post by F70100 »

Thanks for the link to this; Santa has been kind to provide the cash for me to order one of these.

Roll on spring!
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Heads up. Millets and a few other places like Ultimate Outdoors are currently selling the green version of the Helinox Chair One for £60. Only the green one, though. The black one is still £90.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
Barrenfluffit

Post by Barrenfluffit »

Just seen a version of the helinox where the four feet have a piece of material across them. I'm assuming the idea is to reduce point pressure and legs sinking in. No experience on how effective it is but you can get small plastic discs which stop motorcycle stands digging in.
phil parker

Post by phil parker »

Well, I bought one of the Alite Mayfly's, as advertised, and it get's its first outing next week!
Heltor Chasca

Which chair for the campsite

Post by Heltor Chasca »

phil parker wrote:Well, I bought one of the Alite Mayfly's, as advertised, and it get's its first outing next week!

A good purchase. My oldest daughter got one for her 14th bday, my youngest 2 months later and I'm yet to get mine! Saving up still ☹️