When will P Tuohy Leave?

brynpoeth

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby brynpoeth » 13 Jun 2017, 8:13pm

Bonefishblues wrote:There's an opening at the RSPCA, I note, mischievously :D

I am interested, what is the salary?
Cycling? Of course, but it's far better on a Gillott.

Bonefishblues

Postby Bonefishblues » 13 Jun 2017, 8:49pm

brynpoeth wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:There's an opening at the RSPCA, I note, mischievously :D

I am interested, what is the salary?

.5cwt of winnalot pcm.

JohnW

Postby JohnW » 13 Jun 2017, 9:48pm

Psamathe wrote:
JohnW wrote:
Psamathe wrote:Trouble is, that makes it acceptable for PT to publish personal attacks online but can't take criticism (online) back. I think he set the "standard" with his personal attacks.

To be honest it's totally inappropriate for CTC CEO to launch into online personal attacks on others, the sort of thing that should have resulted in disciplinary proceedings (if the CTC was any sort of responsible employer).

Ian

Oh absolutely Ian - two wrongs don't make a right - and an ethical executive/management/trustee board could come down on a CEO who did publicly launch personal attacks, with dismissal being an option. However name-calling and personal attacks began long before this thread. We don't what's been said to who and by whom behind closed doors over the last few years and in these situations. Maybe a CEO isn't the villain of the piece - or at least not the sole villain......

He could have apologised about his attack - but he chose not to so one must assume he feels such behaviour quite acceptable. And if he does not consider it wrong, why should I and it is not a case of two wrongs making a right.

Ian

Understood Ian.

SA_SA_SA

Postby SA_SA_SA » 14 Jun 2017, 8:50pm

Is there some reason why the moderators haven't separated out my simple query and the few simple responses (which amounted to 'date not known') from the rest of the discussion drift about PT, as I requested?

gaz

Postby gaz » 14 Jun 2017, 9:03pm

The moderators are volunteers. They may not have noticed your on thread request for a tidy up. They may have noticed but not agree that the situation warrants the time and effort involved to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Thread drift whilst undesireable is not a direct breach of forum rules.
It's got nothing to do with vorsprung durch technic you know ...

Psamathe

Postby Psamathe » 14 Jun 2017, 10:06pm

SA_SA_SA wrote:Is there some reason why the moderators haven't separated out my simple query and the few simple responses (which amounted to 'date not known') from the rest of the discussion drift about PT, as I requested?

I think your question was answered - nobody knows. So separating it out would mean removing your initial question to a thread of its own!.

Threads always drift, it's the nature of conversations. Also I don't regard threads as "owned" by the original poster. Just as in any conversation you can ask a question but if nobody answers and starts discussing related aspects do you start demanding people answer your question or go elsewhere ?

Ian

brynpoeth

Postby brynpoeth » 8 Jul 2017, 7:17pm

Psamathe wrote:
SA_SA_SA wrote:Is there some reason why the moderators haven't separated out my simple query and the few simple responses (which amounted to 'date not known') from the rest of the discussion drift about PT, as I requested?

I think your question was answered - nobody knows. So separating it out would mean removing your initial question to a thread of its own!.

Threads always drift, it's the nature of conversations. Also I don't regard threads as "owned" by the original poster. Just as in any conversation you can ask a question but if nobody answers and starts discussing related aspects do you start demanding people answer your question or go elsewhere ?

Ian

One tries to control and steer the conversation
Or one starts a new thread

Vorpal

Postby Vorpal » 9 Jul 2017, 10:20am

I didn't see the request. I assume that Si did (as he has posted on this thread). I suspect that he decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Few threads get by on here without some drift, so we don't usually separate them.

When I have separated threads, it is usually because debate gets very heated on some side track issue. Then I will create a new thread for the debate, so the original question doesn't get lost. In this case, the original question doesn't have much to discuss. Either P Touhy is happy where he is and isn't going anywhere soon, or his job is done, and he'll be off to another charity conversion in a year or so.

I misplaced my crystal ball in the move to Norway, so I can't tell you which it is.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

brynpoeth

Postby brynpoeth » 9 Jul 2017, 10:39am

Who news, maybe he will go into politics

Or maybe he can already afford to retire and move to Dolgellau :wink:

Return to “Cycling UK Topics and Discussions”