Some good news

PH

Some good news

Post by PH »

Hidden away in the accounts, is the news that not only has CTC been awarded gift aid on membership income, but that it will be backdated to the time of the charity conversion.
I was a bit surprised, I'd come to accept the view sometimes posted on here that it couldn't happen due to the value of the insurance and magazine exceeding the 25% of membership permitted to be spent on member benefits. I wonder what changed.
Philip Benstead

Re: Some good news

Post by Philip Benstead »

PH wrote:Hidden away in the accounts, is the news that not only has CTC been awarded gift aid on membership income, but that it will be backdated to the time of the charity conversion.
I was a bit surprised, I'd come to accept the view sometimes posted on here that it couldn't happen due to the value of the insurance and magazine exceeding the 25% of membership permitted to be spent on member benefits. I wonder what changed.
The value of members benefits, what benefits you may say.
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
gaz

Post by gaz »

PH wrote:I wonder what changed.

The subject has cropped up in Council Minutes on numerous occassions since the conversion. The general gist of the Minutes has always been "negotiations with HMRC on Gift Aid have been disappointing". I haven't looked at the accounts yet, although I doubt there's anything there to add clarity, perhaps January's Council Minutes might shed some light on the matter when they are published.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

gaz wrote:
PH wrote:I wonder what changed.

The subject has cropped up in Council Minutes on numerous occassions since the conversion. The general gist of the Minutes has always been "negotiations with HMRC on Gift Aid have been disappointing". I haven't looked at the accounts yet, although I doubt there's anything there to add clarity, perhaps January's Council Minutes might shed some light on the matter when they are published.
From memory there is nothing.
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic