Unwanted e mails

tyreon

Unwanted e mails

Post by tyreon »

I am now getting unwanted e mails from cycling uk. I want rid of them. Unfortunately to get rid of them I have to answer some 15 questions(probably adeptly put so that what I want - to be left alone - will be ignored). I no longer want links or whatever. I see the NSPCC is involved. What other charity,seller is going to fill my in-box? I would complete the 15 questions but there's others opt-ins that,if I don't complete,would not stop this unwanted garbage. Can any representative from Cycling UK stop/delete this unwanted mail. I don't need it. I don't want links or offers. STOP> NOW> PLEASE.
meic

Re: Unwanted e mails

Post by meic »

I phoned them up a few times to complain about this, in my case I had joined using different emails 4 times and they will not remove my old emails from their lists. After a rather long and heated argument, with their representative saying their systems will not do it, so it wasnt their fault! and me saying that shouldnt be my problem and they did eventually agree to remove two of them, they wouldnt remove one because somebody else had also used that email as well as myself.

This was about 4 years ago and the emails still come in on all 4. Dont hold your breath.

In my case I am not concerned about receiving emails but I have run out of emails to join CTC as a new member with.
Yma o Hyd
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Just set up the junk filter on your mail app to delete them on receipt.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
pwa

Post by pwa »

I've got them down as SPAM.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Would this be construed as harassment if they don't stop when asked.?
You'll never know if you don't try it.
ambodach

Post by ambodach »

I may be wrong (frequently am) but do not think you can stop them on an iPad or iPhone. If you can filter them out somebody please tell me how.
captain offensive

Post by captain offensive »

Someone should have a word with them if this is the case. They are legally obliged to unsubscribe you..

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/tac ... ng-emails/
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

In the gmail menu there is an 'unsubscribe' function. It sends an email marked unsubscribe to a weird address which no doubt penetrates the noreply address used by so many mail spammers. Other than that you can usually set your email system to divert anything from a particular email address into a Spam folder where you can set it to be immediately deleted. In some systems on receipt of spam you can also automatically generate an email which is sent back to an individual in the spamming organisation telling them that you have received spam from them and requesting them to unsubscribe you. ie someone like Mr Cox etc should fix it.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
gaz

Post by gaz »

I've looked in on this thread a couple of times and deleted an earlier reply because I thought I'd misunderstood the situation. Reviewing the OP I think the key phrase is:-
tyreon wrote:I am now getting unwanted e mails from cycling uk.

So long as the e-mails are from Cycling UK then you can log-in to the main website and change your mailing suppressions.
Untitled.png

I cannot see an option there to rescind any permission you may have given to Cycling UK to share your data with "carefully selected partners". If the e-mail came direct from NSPCC with reference to Cycling UK then it's probably in that category. In which case a call to National Office would seem a good place to start.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade