Eroica and York rally

Iand

Eroica and York rally

Post by Iand »

Where were CUK this weekend? Not a squeek at Eroica Britannia, no publicity for York rally.
reohn2

Re: Eroica and York rally

Post by reohn2 »

CUK abandoned the York Rally 4 years ago,not enough mular to be made :?
They were represented last year at Eroica with a stand I believe,but more than likely decided they didn't make enough money out of it.
£££££££££££££££££££'s matter more than anything else to CUK :? :twisted: .
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
PH

Re: Eroica and York rally

Post by PH »

reohn2 wrote:CUK abandoned the York Rally 4 years ago,not enough mular to be made :?

I don't know the full history of the demise of the CTC York Rally, I doubt many people do. As a regular goer it was clear it was on the decline for at least a decade and for the last number of years was run by a CTC member group rather than by the national organisation.
One of the (many) good things about the new Rally organisers is that they are very much forward thinking rather than past dwelling.
York was mentioned in Cycle, though not as prominently as I'd have liked, it was I think also in cycleclips and the website. I've not noticed any mention of Erocia, but I haven't been looking for it. I hope next year they don't clash, I'd like to go to both, but if it comes down to a choice it'll always be the Rally for me.