Resignation

Cunobelin

Resignation

Post by Cunobelin »

I will still wear my Cyclist Touring Club Wheeled Wing on my bikes with pride.

However these are regrettably no longer available, as in my personal opinion is the organisation that I joined.

Today I received my new membership card for CUK / WACU and have decided to return it along with a formal instruction not to renew my membership

May I say thank you to all those people that I have met on the road, in cafes, pubs and camp-sites for your camaraderie , help and companionship.

I will cherish these memories and all that the CTC did for me, but no longer feel that I can continue with the present organisation
Philip Benstead

Re: Resignation

Post by Philip Benstead »

Please state your details reasons for not renewing your CTC membership
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Barred1

Post by Barred1 »

Cunobelin wrote:I will still wear my Cyclist Touring Club Wheeled Wing on my bikes with pride.

However these are regrettably no longer available, as in my personal opinion is the organisation that I joined.

Today I received my new membership card for CUK / WACU and have decided to return it along with a formal instruction not to renew my membership

May I say thank you to all those people that I have met on the road, in cafes, pubs and camp-sites for your camaraderie , help and companionship.

I will cherish these memories and all that the CTC did for me, but no longer feel that I can continue with the present organisation

You're far from being alone in terminating CTC membership . . . perhaps there should be a club for "ex-CTC Members" ?

B!
Riding high!
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Philip Benstead wrote:Please state your details reasons for not renewing your CTC membership

The details are in my letter.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Barred1 wrote:...
You're far from being alone in terminating CTC membership . . . perhaps there should be a club for "ex-CTC Members" ?
B!

http://www.touringcyclistclub.org.uk
Still in the process of being set-up, but my impression it that it is being created by ex-CTC members to serve the purposes so many people joined the CTC for. Going through a discussion from interested people as to the final form the club should take.

(My understanding and I am nothing to do with either club).

Ian
prando

Post by prando »

May I ask why there is the need to create a new organisation ?