Just 'Re-joined?' after THAT charity conversion debacle

thirdcrank

Re: Just 'Re-joined?' after THAT charity conversion debacle

Post by thirdcrank »

Just thinking aloud.

There was a discussion on here before about the definition of unwaged, particularly with regard to anybody on an occupational pension. Was that ever resolved?
nez

Post by nez »

I think I meet any definition of 'unwaged' until later this year when I will meet most definitions of 'senior' 'old' and 'pensioner.' The trouble is, once you've turned this particular invoice over a few times and looked at it, you start to think 'What is this for?' When it was a club it was obvious - it was a sub. Now it's an independent charity, well, all that corporate speak and super jolly magazine don't really do enough for me. They've changed the name, they've changed the nature, got rid of CJ, they've put up the price... it's kind of driven me to reflect they'll manage without me.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

We recently renewed and as we've stopped riding with our local Member Group use the membership primarily for insurance purposes.
Since conversion to a charity HO seem to think Mrs. Copy is a different person and despite repeated attempts to convince them I haven't got a new wife, they repeatedly send out membership cards with the wrong initials on.

A few years ago when the membership was contracted out to a private company, they failed to recognise that I was a renewing member and deleted my past records. That took some sorting out and they eventually recognised that I had been a member since 1996.

So, 21 years membership but still no recognition in the form of a certificate or 'owt. I'm sure they feel they have better things to do than to look after their members. :(

fausto.
gaz

Post by gaz »

fausto copy wrote:Since conversion to a charity HO seem to think Mrs. Copy is a different person and despite repeated attempts to convince them I haven't got a new wife, they repeatedly send out membership cards with the wrong initials on.

So long as you have one of the current transferable membership cards you can fix this yourself. Based upon your experience this will be both easier and more succesful than going through official channels :wink: .

fausto copy wrote:So, 21 years membership but still no recognition in the form of a certificate or 'owt. I'm sure they feel they have better things to do than to look after their members. :(

You should have had a Presidential Letter at 10 years, don't ask me what they look like because they didn't have them when I passed that particular mark.

The 25 year badges are quite nice.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Ah, but will they still look like that in another 4 years. :wink:
sjs

Re: RE: Re: Just 'Re-joined?' after THAT charity conversion debacle

Post by sjs »

gaz wrote:Are you sure it's a certificate, 10 years is supposed to be a Presidential Letter.

I expect this is one of those things that falls under the "Heritage" branding, at least until the old stock is used up :wink: .

Why didn't I get one? Member from 95 until last year, and never got anything except that nasty paper membership card and a few crappy raffle tickets.

JohnW wrote:
PH wrote:
JohnW wrote:
Yeah - but isn't the power in the hands of those we don't come into contact with?

:?: Who?

Good question - I'm in regular contact with members of all units of our section (known in PC circles as Member Group). Within our section, no-one wields power - we have a committee - we're all friends - we listen to each other and members' wishes and interests are, without exception, our priority. We're the local set-up. We have no power over the faceless ones who must have their own way. I am not confident that our one remaining councillor, who is excellent and attentive, and attends our AGMs, and sometimes rides with us, is not ignored by those who must have their own way. He doesn't gossip, but he seems frustrated. It's those at (what they seem to believe is) top level that we don't come into contact with...........................those who ignore AGM resolutions.

But hey - I'm not going to post on this thread again - I seem to be the one who started this sub-thread and I was only saying that I'm sticking with it and will wait and see...............and I regret what I've started..........it really is time to move forward. However, I feel no incentive to re-direct part of my income taxes..................even though I personally am certain that the desire for the extra money was the raison d'etre behind the disastrous decision to charitise in the first place.
Lee Lee

Post by Lee Lee »

I suppose it is actually a presidential letter but it does look like a certificate with the writing superimposed over a large Winged Wheel and a smaller one top centre with 'Founded 1878' underneath it. Definitely heritage!