Who ceased CTC membership after charity conversion, etc. ?

ukdodger

Who ceased CTC membership after charity conversion, etc. ?

Post by ukdodger »

How many of us didnt renew membership because of the change from club to charity? I didnt intend to but then I got to wondering if you have to be a member to partake of the CTC tours which might change my mind.
Last edited by Graham on 17 Mar 2017, 7:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferrit worrier

Re: So just out of interest

Post by ferrit worrier »

Me for one, I thought it quite unconstitutional. That should have been put to the members. Along with the name change as well

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

ferrit worrier wrote:Me for one, I thought it quite unconstitutional. That should have been put to the members. Along with the name change as well

Malc

Hi Malc. If I can go on tours without membership I wont either.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

This would a more useful post if it had a poll attached .... just a thought .... I renewed ... and voted out ..... a combined poll ..... :)
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I carried on being a member after the conversion to a charity. The name change, along with a realisation of the focus of the club and the way it was being run.
I had half an inkling of joining again when I qualified for aged membership. Then the pass mat saga doesn't win me over, BBR revival here in Scotland looked to me like a sham and I suspect ambiguously reported. Realised I could have had unwaged before and didn't make use of it. I've had 2 guest rides upto now but to be honest the people I ride with don't give a toss if I'm a member or not. We've never ever run that formally. KM Rally coming up, I'll probably turn up on a few rides, will I need membership for that?
Apart from local rides it just doesn't seem like a club for me anymore but I've looked very hard elsewhere and there certainly isn't another one fitting the bill either.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

Paulatic wrote:I carried on being a member after the conversion to a charity. The name change, along with a realisation of the focus of the club and the way it was being run.
I had half an inkling of joining again when I qualified for aged membership. Then the pass mat saga doesn't win me over, BBR revival here in Scotland looked to me like a sham and I suspect ambiguously reported. Realised I could have had unwaged before and didn't make use of it. I've had 2 guest rides upto now but to be honest the people I ride with don't give a toss if I'm a member or not. We've never ever run that formally. KM Rally coming up, I'll probably turn up on a few rides, will I need membership for that?
Apart from local rides it just doesn't seem like a club for me anymore but I've looked very hard elsewhere and there certainly isn't another one fitting the bill either.

Have to agree about there isnt anything else to choose from. Signing up for tours they do ask for a members number but dont state it's a requirement..
Paulatic

Re: Who ceased CTC membership after charity conversion, etc. ?

Post by Paulatic »

Pleased to see the title return. The edited version was completely different to the original and would make you wonder what's going on.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
hondated

Post by hondated »

I did as I did not feel happy about supporting a chief executives salary. Just as I like to support small charities rather than major ones.
And don't get me started on Comic Relief , CIN etc.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Can't leave, life member. :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
robgul

Post by robgul »

Yep - renewed in July 15 only so I could vote at the CTC Heart of England dissolution EGM in September 15 and then ceased CTC membership (with a cash refund of the remaining term value) in October 15.

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

Why was the title changed??
gaz

Post by gaz »

If you don't like the re-branding of this thread you can change it back, at least for your own posts :wink:
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

gaz wrote:If you don't like the re-branding of this thread you can change it back, at least for your own posts :wink:

I'd rather know who changed it and why.
Graham

Post by Graham »

I changed the title to give some reasonable indication of the content.

This helps users to decide whether to go further.

The first attempt focused on your second question. I corrected it to focus on the first.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

robgul wrote:Yep - renewed in July 15 only so I could vote at the CTC Heart of England dissolution EGM in September 15 and then ceased CTC membership (with a cash refund of the remaining term value) in October 15.

Rob

How is your new cycle touring club going Rob ?
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.