Finding the AGM details on the Website

BarcodeUK

Finding the AGM details on the Website

Post by BarcodeUK »

Why is it so difficult to find the details of the AGM on the main Cycling UK website? If you are in the know then the url is https://www.cyclinguk.org/agm. Sure it's printed in Cycle but surely it should be easy to find on the main site?

In Cycle I read "Memebership engagement is at the heart of Cycling UK"* yet there is no easy way to "to have your say"* Where are the details of how to submit a motion?

Great so I find the right page on the web, fully expecting a link to on-line voting, nope not there, but it is here http://www.ersvotes.com/cyclinguk2017 On-line voting must save money so why not make it easy for us?

*Quote from Cycle April/May 2017 Page 18
Regards

Richard
thirdcrank

Re: Finding the AGM details on the Website

Post by thirdcrank »

If you want an informed answer, this isn't the place. This isn't an official point of contact for Cycling Uk as the guidelines explain.
gaz

Re: Finding the AGM details on the Website

Post by gaz »

BarcodeUK wrote:Why is it so difficult to find the details of the AGM on the main Cycling UK website?

Is it difficult?

Home Page>About Us>Cycling UK Board>AGM 2017. Fair enough it helps to be in the know to realise that's the route to take.

If you're not in the know you'd put AGM in the search engine. First result "2017_agm_motions_-_out_of_order.pdf ... attached to AGM 2017"

BarcodeUK wrote:Where are the details of how to submit a motion?

Here, you'll need a time machine to submit one before the deadline.

BarcodeUK wrote:Great so I find the right page on the web, fully expecting a link to on-line voting, nope not there, ...

A link wouldn't be much use without a member's unique security code, which is on the voting paper that has been sent to them. On the same voting paper is the url for the ERS voting site.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade