Cycle logo

Record-Ace

Cycle logo

Post by Record-Ace »

Does anyone remember the introduction of the "Cycle" logo some years ago? The little blue and yellow symbol that owed quite a lot to the old "Cyclo" trade mark and which threatened to displace the old Winged Wheel. And how the management team justified it by saying we needed to be up to date with our image. And, does anyone remember how much we paid to the consultants who devised the thing? I see it has now quietly disappeared. No doubt, not in keeping with this week's "Cycling UK" image. (I use the term "this week" quite a lot these days, to express my dislike of the way things keep changing, for change's sake). The Winged Wheel, which thankfully we have retained, has represented the CTC for well over 100 years. The other thing has come and gone, and presumably is unmourned.
thirdcrank

Re: Cycle logo

Post by thirdcrank »

But it was based on the initials "CTC." Once that was dumped as a trading style - I use that expression to mark the difference between the registered name of the company limited by guarantee and the name generally used by the charity - that logo became redundant. History. Water under the bridge. Gone.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Isn't that the one that was often referred to as the 'squiggle'? It threatened to destroy the winged wheel - speaking of which....................
gaz

Post by gaz »

Untitled.png

Trademark remains valid until 18 July 2018.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade