When will P Tuohy Leave?

SA_SA_SA

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Post by SA_SA_SA »

I simply don't like how stuff was done by the current CEO: PT, eg the secretive/silent removal of the Technical Officer with no official Thank you in Cycle etc. Then the surprise rebrand: I am dubious about the arguments about website-squatting necessitating it but even If that was true, that reason should have been plainly and loudly stated beforehand to allow 'member's' to decide if that was OK or if they preferred only the campaign side to get a new name etc.

There is a simple reason for this threads question:
Thus some people may not consider rejoining until a new CEO unconnected with these events
has started. I do not wish to reward the above behaviour.

Of course now the 'member' benefits are reduced, governance changed, the iceberg that as a charity 'members' don't have final say has finally struck the ship, I now prefer to get 3rd party elsewhere (avoiding rising premiums being blamed (unconfirmed) for cutbacks in member services): I think , 'membership' fees need to go down a lot, not up. People can then 'topup' donate to whatever campaigns they like.
------------You may not use this post in Cycle or other magazine ------ 8)
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Cyril Haearn wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
Vorpal wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm Philip Benstead!

There is a forum member *Philip Benstead*. Are there two people with the same name, or do you use aliases? I am very confused

I think Gaz twigged :lol:
SA_SA_SA

Post by SA_SA_SA »

This thread wasn't meant to be a discussion just a simple question, as riding with some groups requires 'membership', and I would rather wait till a new CEO...
Steady rider

Post by Steady rider »

I think there is a problem with a big cycling club, say like Cycling UK or CTC, 60,000 plus members, nearly all the top dogs, for want of better expression, will not personally be known to most members, faces and names in a magazine to most members.

When issues arise, due mainly to major changes, some members want X road and Y road may have been chosen. The connectively between members and those making decisions may be lost. The Chief Exe seems responsible for most things, so they can soon attract attention. In most cases a slow change of direction may be the best approach, to avoid skidding.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

steady eddy wrote:...

If you don't like what has been done or where Cycling UK it is going, then stand for Council or leave.....

Except under PT's new regime you'd have to be pre-approved by his pre-selection process and "if you don't like what he's doing" do you think you'd ever get through that.

Ian
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Let's suppose this person leaves, probably moving on to a bigger charity. Hands up everybody who really believes that the successor would be anyone other than a career charity professional arriving from the Royal Society for the Preservation of Wombats or something similar. That's life.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

geocycle wrote:Isn't this a bit personal chaps? I don't approve of the direction CTC has taken but maybe we should focus on the what not the who?

I assume you never saw the vicious attack Tooey posted on social medal directed at Mr Benstead. He is clearly very prepared to launch into personal attacks against people who do not agree with his vision. If he will make such public attacks of others I see no reason why we should not question his actions.

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Steady rider wrote:I think there is a problem with a big cycling club, say like Cycling UK or CTC, 60,000 plus members.....

PT's changes look like they are solving that issue - falling membership so it will gradually become a small cycle club (even though Tooey's probably expensive re-brand was meant to help things grow!).

Ian
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

thirdcrank wrote:Let's suppose this person leaves, probably moving on to a bigger charity. Hands up everybody who really believes that the successor would be anyone other than a career charity professional arriving from the Royal Society for the Preservation of Wombats or something similar. That's life.

Next week many politicians will be looking for new jobs :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
gaz

Post by gaz »

Psamathe wrote:I assume you never saw the vicious attack Tooey posted on social medal directed at Mr Benstead.

ICYMI: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=103838&start=15#p985626

Things got 'a bit personal' for me on the forum yesterday. My thanks to the mods for their prompt action.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
SA_SA_SA

Post by SA_SA_SA »

As this thread was meant to be a simple question to begat a simple answer so as I know how long I might have to wait to rejoin in any form if needed for Touring rides etc, can I request that the mods move all the unrelated stuff be moved to a separate thread.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

SA_SA_SA wrote:As this thread was meant to be a simple question to begat a simple answer so as I know how long I might have to wait to rejoin in any form if needed for Touring rides etc, can I request that the mods move all the unrelated stuff be moved to a separate thread.

Any answer to such a question is bound to be a matter of opinion by those answering. And as an opinion any poster really needs to include their reasons for their opinion and what factors might influence any departure date.

Would you feel between informed if the responses you got were:
    3 days
    5 years
    never
    9 months 6 days 5 hrs 2 mins and 23 seconds
    etc.

Any answer where opinion is involved is better answered including reasons for that opinion.

Ian
gaz

Post by gaz »

SA_SA_SA wrote:As this thread was meant to be a simple question to begat a simple answer ...

Nobody has a crystal ball with which to give you a date. There was never going to be a simple answer, just some degree of speculation.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Psamathe wrote:9 months 6 days 5 hrs 2 mins and 23 seconds

Is he pregnant? :wink:
SA_SA_SA

Post by SA_SA_SA »

If his employment was a fixed term or if a leaving date was already known by someone then a definite answer would be possible :)