When will P Tuohy Leave?

brynpoeth
Posts: 11802
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby brynpoeth » 13 Jun 2017, 8:13pm

Bonefishblues wrote:There's an opening at the RSPCA, I note, mischievously :D


I am interested, what is the salary?
Entertainer, kidult, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life "597"

Bonefishblues
Posts: 7053
Joined: 7 Jul 2014, 9:45pm
Location: Near Bicester Oxon

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby Bonefishblues » 13 Jun 2017, 8:49pm

brynpoeth wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:There's an opening at the RSPCA, I note, mischievously :D


I am interested, what is the salary?

.5cwt of winnalot pcm.

JohnW
Posts: 6283
Joined: 6 Jan 2007, 9:12pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby JohnW » 13 Jun 2017, 9:48pm

Psamathe wrote:
JohnW wrote:
Psamathe wrote:Trouble is, that makes it acceptable for PT to publish personal attacks online but can't take criticism (online) back. I think he set the "standard" with his personal attacks.

To be honest it's totally inappropriate for CTC CEO to launch into online personal attacks on others, the sort of thing that should have resulted in disciplinary proceedings (if the CTC was any sort of responsible employer).

Ian

Oh absolutely Ian - two wrongs don't make a right - and an ethical executive/management/trustee board could come down on a CEO who did publicly launch personal attacks, with dismissal being an option. However name-calling and personal attacks began long before this thread. We don't what's been said to who and by whom behind closed doors over the last few years and in these situations. Maybe a CEO isn't the villain of the piece - or at least not the sole villain......

He could have apologised about his attack - but he chose not to so one must assume he feels such behaviour quite acceptable. And if he does not consider it wrong, why should I and it is not a case of two wrongs making a right.

Ian


Understood Ian.

SA_SA_SA
Posts: 1826
Joined: 31 Oct 2009, 1:46pm

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby SA_SA_SA » 14 Jun 2017, 8:50pm

Is there some reason why the moderators haven't separated out my simple query and the few simple responses (which amounted to 'date not known') from the rest of the discussion drift about PT, as I requested?
------------You may not use this post in Cycle or other magazine ------ 8)

User avatar
gaz
Posts: 13850
Joined: 9 Mar 2007, 12:09pm
Location: Kent, car park of England

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby gaz » 14 Jun 2017, 9:03pm

The moderators are volunteers. They may not have noticed your on thread request for a tidy up. They may have noticed but not agree that the situation warrants the time and effort involved to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Thread drift whilst undesireable is not a direct breach of forum rules.
2020 : To redundancy ... and beyond!

Psamathe
Posts: 10607
Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 8:56pm

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby Psamathe » 14 Jun 2017, 10:06pm

SA_SA_SA wrote:Is there some reason why the moderators haven't separated out my simple query and the few simple responses (which amounted to 'date not known') from the rest of the discussion drift about PT, as I requested?

I think your question was answered - nobody knows. So separating it out would mean removing your initial question to a thread of its own!.

Threads always drift, it's the nature of conversations. Also I don't regard threads as "owned" by the original poster. Just as in any conversation you can ask a question but if nobody answers and starts discussing related aspects do you start demanding people answer your question or go elsewhere ?

Ian

brynpoeth
Posts: 11802
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby brynpoeth » 8 Jul 2017, 7:17pm

Psamathe wrote:
SA_SA_SA wrote:Is there some reason why the moderators haven't separated out my simple query and the few simple responses (which amounted to 'date not known') from the rest of the discussion drift about PT, as I requested?

I think your question was answered - nobody knows. So separating it out would mean removing your initial question to a thread of its own!.

Threads always drift, it's the nature of conversations. Also I don't regard threads as "owned" by the original poster. Just as in any conversation you can ask a question but if nobody answers and starts discussing related aspects do you start demanding people answer your question or go elsewhere ?

Ian


One tries to control and steer the conversation
Or one starts a new thread
Entertainer, kidult, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life "597"

Vorpal
Moderator
Posts: 17605
Joined: 19 Jan 2009, 3:34pm
Location: Not there ;)

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby Vorpal » 9 Jul 2017, 10:20am

SA_SA_SA wrote:Is there some reason why the moderators haven't separated out my simple query and the few simple responses (which amounted to 'date not known') from the rest of the discussion drift about PT, as I requested?

I didn't see the request. I assume that Si did (as he has posted on this thread). I suspect that he decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Few threads get by on here without some drift, so we don't usually separate them.

When I have separated threads, it is usually because debate gets very heated on some side track issue. Then I will create a new thread for the debate, so the original question doesn't get lost. In this case, the original question doesn't have much to discuss. Either P Touhy is happy where he is and isn't going anywhere soon, or his job is done, and he'll be off to another charity conversion in a year or so.

I misplaced my crystal ball in the move to Norway, so I can't tell you which it is.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

brynpoeth
Posts: 11802
Joined: 30 Nov 2013, 11:26am

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby brynpoeth » 25 Dec 2019, 5:14pm

He is still there there nearly 2.5 years later :wink:
Entertainer, kidult, curmudgeon
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we love life "597"

User avatar
mjr
Posts: 14510
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 7:06pm
Location: Norfolk or Somerset, mostly
Contact:

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby mjr » 25 Dec 2019, 11:24pm

brynpoeth wrote:He is still there there nearly 2.5 years later :wink:

And what's the latest membership figure?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

PH
Posts: 7953
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 12:31am
Location: Derby
Contact:

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby PH » 26 Dec 2019, 9:55am

mjr wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:He is still there there nearly 2.5 years later :wink:

And what's the latest membership figure?

68,000 according to the latest email. I know it's fluctuated within my area, but never by more than a few percent and it's been steadily rising for at least five years. We used to get the contact details, but now just the numbers and a way of contacting them blind which complies with GDPR. There was never the mass exudes that some predicted, or even advocated.

Tinpotflowers
Posts: 97
Joined: 31 May 2019, 7:16pm

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby Tinpotflowers » 27 Dec 2019, 9:04am

PH wrote:
mjr wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:He is still there there nearly 2.5 years later :wink:

And what's the latest membership figure?

68,000 according to the latest email. I know it's fluctuated within my area, but never by more than a few percent and it's been steadily rising for at least five years. We used to get the contact details, but now just the numbers and a way of contacting them blind which complies with GDPR. There was never the mass exudes that some predicted, or even advocated.




It would be interesting to know membership figures in other areas, and does it compare with British Cycling and if cycling in the general population has gone up?

User avatar
RickH
Posts: 4677
Joined: 5 Mar 2012, 6:39pm
Location: Horwich, Lancs.

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby RickH » 27 Dec 2019, 9:39am

Tinpotflowers wrote:It would be interesting to know membership figures in other areas, and does it compare with British Cycling and if cycling in the general population has gone up?

British Cycling’s membership passed 150,000 earlier this year according to this article from May 2019. That is up from 40,000 in 2011 which, in turn, was up from 20,000 in 2007, according to this article on their website.

User avatar
mjr
Posts: 14510
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 7:06pm
Location: Norfolk or Somerset, mostly
Contact:

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby mjr » 27 Dec 2019, 7:27pm

PH wrote:
mjr wrote:
brynpoeth wrote:He is still there there nearly 2.5 years later :wink:

And what's the latest membership figure?

68,000 according to the latest email. I know it's fluctuated within my area, but never by more than a few percent and it's been steadily rising for at least five years. We used to get the contact details, but now just the numbers and a way of contacting them blind which complies with GDPR. There was never the mass exudes that some predicted, or even advocated.

70,000 members in 2009 according to this forum quoting pages now deleted from the main website, so maybe not a mass exodus, but not steadily rising much either. Is CUK stagnating under Tuohy while other cycling organisations grow, especially the great danger to non-sports cycling for all which is BC?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

User avatar
gaz
Posts: 13850
Joined: 9 Mar 2007, 12:09pm
Location: Kent, car park of England

Re: When will P Tuohy Leave?

Postby gaz » 27 Dec 2019, 8:20pm

Tinpotflowers wrote:... and if cycling in the general population has gone up?

Latest DfT figures show cycling continues to flatline since 2002: https://cyclingindustry.news/uk-cycling ... -dft-data/