email from Dan Joyce Cycle Editor

steady eddy

email from Dan Joyce Cycle Editor

Post by steady eddy »

I cant have been alone in receiving an email yesterday from Dan Joyce the Editor of Cycle telling me what was in the August /September issue.
The only reason he can email me is because I am a member of cycling UK. As a member I received a copy of Cycle last week, so I already know what is in it. What is going on?
In a similar vein, it is time that the CEO played a different record in his slot - I am a little tired of the endless promotion of Cycling UK as if we had never heard of it. It's a members magazine we know what Cycling UK does and doesn't do!
gaz

Re: email from Dan Joyce Cycle Editor

Post by gaz »

steady eddy wrote:I cant have been alone in receiving an email yesterday from Dan Joyce the Editor of Cycle telling me what was in the August /September issue.
The only reason he can email me is because I am a member of cycling UK. As a member I received a copy of Cycle last week, so I already know what is in it. What is going on?

I got that e-mail too and IIRC a similar one for the previous edition of Cycle. A way to help members looking to spread the word to non-members perhaps. It would be very simple to e-mail it on to friends if I thought a particular item in it would be of interest to them.

If you don't want to receive the e-mail, opt out on the Cycling UK website (old pic, not sure which box you'd currently need to tick).
steady eddy wrote:In a similar vein, it is time that the CEO played a different record in his slot - I am a little tired of the endless promotion of Cycling UK as if we had never heard of it. It's a members magazine we know what Cycling UK does and doesn't do!

Some of us have been members for many years, for others this will be their first ever issue of Cycle to hit the doormat.

Anecdotally members leave copies of Cycle in Youth Hostels and doctors' reception areas for others to read, many of whom will not have heard of Cycling UK or know what Cycling UK does.

Surely the CEO's role is to enthuse about Cycling UK to one and all.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
thirdcrank

Re: email from Dan Joyce Cycle Editor

Post by thirdcrank »

The world is indeed a funny place. We've just had a thread about the cover of the current issue having teasers (if that's the right word :? ) to apparently non-existent contents. When I saw the title, I thought it might be some sort of correction for subscribers, but it seems that's not the case. It must be some sort of labour-saving policy. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=116173