Membership change

rmurphy195

Membership change

Post by rmurphy195 »

My membership renewal is due soon, its the Family membership however both the children have long since left home, and my wife never uses a bike - so I could reduce my 370 premium to £28.50 (I'm over 65) by making the change. But I've opted for DD?

Anyone know how I can do this other than by cancelling the DD with my bank and then re-joining?
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
rmurphy195

Re: Membership change

Post by rmurphy195 »

Just realised I can email the membership team - doh!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
gaz

Post by gaz »

IMO one of those situations where picking up the phone to the membership dept is likely to be more productive.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Lilyf

Post by Lilyf »

+1 for Gaz's reply.
I was just beaten to answering - I'd certainly ring the membership dept.
An email might take a little longer to be responded to.
Graham

Post by Graham »

rmurphy195 wrote: I could reduce my 370 premium to £28.50

You might want to EDIT your original post . . .. before I start sending you begging emails.
PH

Post by PH »

I wish people wouldn't make the assumption that everyone can use the phone, I'm one who struggles with it and there are many for whom it'll never be an option.
If Cycling UK publish email addresses the very least they can do is monitor and reply to them. My experience is that some do so far better than others, the membership department being the worst, which IMO is an error on their part that being the money generating dept!
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Yes: the first contact with an organisation is often the one that makes the most lasting impression and if it's not a good one, it may be the last.