Cycling UK clothing

steady eddy

Cycling UK clothing

Post by steady eddy »

At the beginning of the year we were told that jerseys were on the way - then we had pictures of our leader wearing one and saying how good it was, most recently we had emails asking for expressions of interest and telling us of imminent availability and here we are at the end of August with nothing. Not much prospect of selling many short sleeve jerseys now.
Assuming they have sorted the sourcing off these, and they must have done for our leader to have his, or was he wearing a mock up - just how difficult is it to get them to market?
Is it just me or is this a shambles?
Heltor Chasca

Cycling UK clothing

Post by Heltor Chasca »

A slight misunderstanding. Paul only had one made and was just checking with us that we would approve the design.

Then we can all take turns wearing it.

When he is finished with it, I am next in line. I think Gaz was next. It might be a bit faded by then. Who was 4th? I've lost the list.

Please be patient: There are 5805 forum members who may want to share this jersey. Please adhere to your allotted 1 week and by the year 2128, we all would have had a go. New members must tick the 'Opt In' box and join the end of the queue. Any deceased members must let us know immediately and the next in line can bump up a place.
Si

Re: Cycling UK clothing

Post by Si »

http://www.cyclinguk.org/shop and review of new clothing in latest copy of Cycle.
steady eddy

Post by steady eddy »

Following the link kindly provided by Si just confirms my view that it would have been prudent to have had the shop up and running before the kit was announced?

I was directed to this site in July and here we are at the end of August and it still isn't functioning. On line retailing is not new technology - Torm, who make the jerseys, seem to have mastered it already - so why not let them sell the jerseys direct on commission or is that too simple?
Si

Post by Si »

I have invited CUK Marketing Officer to comment on the situation and let us know when the kit will be available. Obviously some has been produced as they have tested it...and I think that I might have even seen a colleague with the coat...although it was during a thwart meeting so I may be mistaken.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
gaz

Post by gaz »

Coming soon :wink: .
The official line is "technical issues" with the website, I understand a new website is under development (possibly even "coming soon" :wink: ).

Personally I think it's just marketing hype. PT continues to tantalise us with pictures of the kit to generate demand for the all important Christmas sales period :mrgreen: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
robgul

Post by robgul »

Having looked at the Torm website and its own products they all seem to be upper-end merino wool stuff at a £60+ price point . . . for any mass sales (and therefore exposure for CTC) that seems a lot .... getting a Lycra product to market for about £30/35 is perfectly possible (I know, I've done it) would seem to be the obvious.

There is no indication of the CTC jersey price point - that's presumably coming soon too - but to be closer to the Aldi/Lidl end of the spectrum rather than approaching Rapha makes sense. Hopefully the sales model will not be the same as the crazy out-source deal that CTC had with Impsport for the last lot when stuff was almost made on demand rather than available from stock for instant delivery.

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
steady eddy

Post by steady eddy »

I see the twitter conversation on Paulatic's link says "All will be on sale in early July" - They have failed that test and missed the summer market completely. This is a credibility issue really - If the item isn't yet available then it shouldn't have been announced, if it is, then the means to sell it should have been up and running. Cycling UK has existed in its current format for over 12 months. This stuff should have been ready with the brand re-launch, not staggering in to the market 12 months (and counting) later.

Both the article in Cycle and PT's comments promoting the jerseys do say that they are being made by TORM - so I think we must conclude that they will be sport wool not Lycra and around the £60-70 price point.
Si

Post by Si »

[quote]There is no indication of the CTC jersey price point/quote]

cant remember what it was but it was in Cycle IIRC
bertgrower

Post by bertgrower »

steady eddy wrote:I see the twitter conversation on Paulatic's link says "All will be on sale in early July" - They have failed that test and missed the summer market completely. This is a credibility issue really - If the item isn't yet available then it shouldn't have been announced, if it is, then the means to sell it should have been up and running. Cycling UK has existed in its current format for over 12 months. This stuff should have been ready with the brand re-launch, not staggering in to the market 12 months (and counting) later.

Both the article in Cycle and PT's comments promoting the jerseys do say that they are being made by TORM - so I think we must conclude that they will be sport wool not Lycra and around the £60-70 price point.

May be they change their mind again and decided to change the name to something more upto data like ibike4u?
robgul

Post by robgul »

bertgrower wrote:
steady eddy wrote:I see the twitter conversation on Paulatic's link says "All will be on sale in early July" - They have failed that test and missed the summer market completely. This is a credibility issue really - If the item isn't yet available then it shouldn't have been announced, if it is, then the means to sell it should have been up and running. Cycling UK has existed in its current format for over 12 months. This stuff should have been ready with the brand re-launch, not staggering in to the market 12 months (and counting) later.

May be they change their mind again and decided to change the name to something more upto data like ibike4u?

I'd heard that it was going to be bikesRus (with the R the wrong way round!)

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
steady eddy

Post by steady eddy »

On the 30th August we were informed that the CUK Marketing Officer had been invited to comment. I have been away for a week - Did I miss it?!
Si

Post by Si »

Saw the shirts today....the vintage one is very very nice. Yep, its a bit dear but if you buy stuff like rapha you'd consider it gvfm. But please don't ask me when/where to get them as I wasn't listening at that point....i was too busy longingly stroking the shirt.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Si wrote:Saw the shirts today....the vintage one is very very nice. Yep, its a bit dear but if you buy stuff like rapha you'd consider it gvfm. But please don't ask me when/where to get them as I wasn't listening at that point....i was too busy longingly stroking the shirt.

Just out of interest, how "dear" is "a bit dear" (I tend to spend around £3 on a few T-shirts each year and they work great.

Ian