Trustee elections 2017

JohnW

Re: Trustee elections 2017

Post by JohnW »

AndyK wrote:.....................in nudging them in the right direction to address that. I'm not going to fix the website for them but I can help point them in the right direction.

Andy - there's only one "right" direction, and that's their own. You'll have to make your own judgement whether you're pursuing a lost cause.............
fionat

Post by fionat »

Did I miss the results?
gaz

Post by gaz »

Published at 12:22 today: https://www.cyclinguk.org/about/cycling ... o-on-board

Dan Howard (2396 votes)
Jaqueline Hills (2003 votes)
Carl Pearce (1860 votes)
Andy Key (1721 votes)

Well done all.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
cyclamity

Post by cyclamity »

Since 10 November 2017, when Gaz kindly detailed the number of votes cast for the four successful candidates for CUK trusteeship, interest in this topic instantly evaporated. I'm sure that there will be well-informed followers on this forum, who will be able to enlighten me. Could somebody please direct me to the complete voting figures for the trustee elections, not just the bald number of votes cast for the four successful candidates?

They must be publicly available somewhere, but I have not been able to unearth them and have had no response from the ERS, who I believe managed the election. I would be most grateful for any help in tracking down these complete voting statistics, which I imagine are not confidential.

I do hope that this topic is not time-expired.

Many thanks.
gaz

Post by gaz »

cyclamity wrote:... Could somebody please direct me to the complete voting figures for the trustee elections, ... They must be publicly available somewhere, ...

Much as I am aware that there are Members who feel the complete voting figures for the trustee elections should be publicly available, I am not aware of anything in either legislation or our Articles that say they must be.

The 2016 results were never published in full, just the relevant figures for the succesful candidates. I have no reason to expect any different for 2017.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Steady rider

Post by Steady rider »

For any charity 'openness' is a desirable feather, people donate / help and they should be respected in kind with full information where possible. CTC have voted against scrutiny being part of their policy. They need to take a step back and be more open.