Cycling UK Survey 2018

Psamathe

Re: Cycling UK Survey 2018

Post by Psamathe »

mjr wrote:
Psamathe wrote:
mjr wrote:.....
Q43... crikey, this is a loooooong survey. Bored now.

And do you have any confidence they will "take on board" the comments you (and others) have spent their time entering or is it just another case of Confirmation bias or input to another team of expensive Marketing/Image consultants.

No and it's going to suffer confirmation bias, but in some cases like the absence of being able to say you already do act on their campaigns, that's going to suggest that they're underachieving massively because there'll be many more people who are willing to campaign than currently do - so if I was one of the campaigns staff, I'd be a bit nervous right now!

One cannot help but wonder what the real purpose of the survey is. Are the questions about volunteering and what bike you ride there just to lower the prominence of the "how acceptable is a price rise" question. Similarly worth noting that all the questions about the work and campaigning they do, about CTC clubs, about their weekly e-mail, etc. all come before the "can we increase our prices" question so are these questions just pointing out all the work they do so when you get to "can we increase our prices?" you've been well reminded about all their campaigning, website, etc. so you'll be more minded to accept the price rise.

Ian
mjr

Post by mjr »

Psamathe wrote:One cannot help but wonder what the real purpose of the survey is. Are the questions about volunteering and what bike you ride there just to lower the prominence of the "how acceptable is a price rise" question. Similarly worth noting that all the questions about the work and campaigning they do, about CTC clubs, about their weekly e-mail, etc. all come before the "can we increase our prices" question so are these questions just pointing out all the work they do so when you get to "can we increase our prices?" you've been well reminded about all their campaigning, website, etc. so you'll be more minded to accept the price rise.

Of course, the order of the question groups could be randomised to remove any such bias, but it doesn't look like they have been, does it?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
PH

Post by PH »

I've been filling these in throughout my two decades of membership, I have no doubt that they're looking for the right answers rather than anything that would cause a change of direction, I have no idea how much notice they take of comments outside the box ticking, or if any of it makes any difference. But some of the responses to this thread make it sound like this is something new, good or bad I don't see where this one is noticeably different to any of the others I've done.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

PH wrote:I've been filling these in throughout my two decades of membership, I have no doubt that they're looking for the right answers rather than anything that would cause a change of direction, I have no idea how much notice they take of comments outside the box ticking, or if any of it makes any difference. But some of the responses to this thread make it sound like this is something new, good or bad I don't see where this one is noticeably different to any of the others I've done.

+1 to all that.
chris_suffolk

Post by chris_suffolk »

Why are so many of the questions tailored to being a member, when one of the first questions is 'are you a member' ?

Having answered no, the rest of the survey, like when I receive the magazine, whether I support a price rise etc etc is just a wast of time. Not a very well designed survey at-all - no regrets on leaving as yet.
Tigerbiten

Post by Tigerbiten »

Q5. which types of bike does your household own?

I ticked the boxes for recumbent bike, trike and disability adapted bike as all where relevant.
I ride a recumbent trike thats been adapted for my disability, not two bikes and a trike ...... :lol: