Halfords Cycling UK Discount

gaz

Re: Does anyone know ..Halfords October 10% Discounf voucher code ?

Post by gaz »

sisavedbygrace wrote:At the risk of sounding stupid, ...

You don't. At the time of javatime's last post on this thread he was also unable to view the code. I do not know if he has subsequently resolved the problem.

If you are logged on to the Cycling UK website (not the Cycling UK forum), have cleared your browser cache or tried a different browser and problems persist I can only suggest contacting National Office.
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Paulatic wrote:
100%JR wrote:Never had any issues with British Cyclings' 10% off :wink:
No voucher needed just present card :mrgreen:

Looks like you do now :) https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membe ... -discounts

I don't know how old that is but I showed my BC card at Halfords yesterday.No voucher asked for and I used it with a Family&friends 25% off voucher(again) so 35% off no questions asked :wink:
I always use BC and F&F together,have never been asked for a voucher or refused :mrgreen:
PH

Post by PH »

100%JR wrote:
Paulatic wrote:
100%JR wrote:Never had any issues with British Cyclings' 10% off :wink:
No voucher needed just present card :mrgreen:

Looks like you do now :) https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membe ... -discounts

I don't know how old that is but I showed my BC card at Halfords yesterday.No voucher asked for and I used it with a Family&friends 25% off voucher(again) so 35% off no questions asked :wink:
I always use BC and F&F together,have never been asked for a voucher or refused :mrgreen:

It's new, this month, same time as the CUK change.
If your shop hasn't caught up, enjoy it while you can. Hope the assistant/s don't get in too much trouble, it was never intended to be used in conjunction with another discount...
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

PH wrote:
100%JR wrote:
Paulatic wrote:Looks like you do now :) https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membe ... -discounts

It's new, this month, same time as the CUK change.
If your shop hasn't caught up, enjoy it while you can. Hope the assistant/s don't get in too much trouble, it was never intended to be used in conjunction with another discount...

I've been using BC plus F&F for the last 4 or 5 years!
My mate gets me the F&F vouchers twice a year and I use them as need be!
A work colleague had his garage done over and had his and his kids bikes nicked(6 in total)We went to Halfords and he chose 6 new bikes totalling over £2300.I used my BC and F&F discount saving him 35%/£805.He used his Credit card which obviously has a different name on it to my BC card.No problem!
Eyebrox

Post by Eyebrox »

100%JR wrote:A work colleague had his garage done over and had his and his kids bikes nicked(6 in total)We went to Halfords and he chose 6 new bikes totalling over £2300.I used my BC and F&F discount saving him 35%/£805.He used his Credit card which obviously has a different name on it to my BC card.No problem!

Was that before the rules changed two weeks ago?
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Eyebrox wrote:
100%JR wrote:A work colleague had his garage done over and had his and his kids bikes nicked(6 in total)We went to Halfords and he chose 6 new bikes totalling over £2300.I used my BC and F&F discount saving him 35%/£805.He used his Credit card which obviously has a different name on it to my BC card.No problem!

Was that before the rules changed two weeks ago?

No.Well the theft happened a couple of weeks ago but the purchase was last Thursday(11th)
Incidently I've just spoken to my mate who's a mechanic at Halfords and he knew nothing about this."Just show your BC card" is what he's telling me :wink: He has said that using BC/F&F together might get more difficult but it will depend on the store/staff.
(I don't use the store he works at as there are two closer to me but will do if others refuse to honour BC/F&F together)
sisavedbygrace

Post by sisavedbygrace »

gaz wrote:

You don't. At the time of javatime's last post on this thread he was also unable to view the code. I do not know if he has subsequently resolved the problem.

If you are logged on to the Cycling UK website (not the Cycling UK forum), have cleared your browser cache or tried a different browser and problems persist I can only suggest contacting National Office.

Managed to sort it by emailing cycling uk for some reason it didn't recognise me as a member, its been sorted now and I got my 10% discount :) thanks
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

My mate telephoned earlier today to update me on our conversation regarding the new BC 10% off Voucher scheme.Halfords are rolling out the BC Voucher scheme across all stores so some may still not be aware of it.However you don't need to download a voucher every time you need to use one.
The Voucher code will stay the same so all you need to do is take a screenshot on your Smartphone,save it to your photos and you can use it over and over again 8)
So basically not a lot has changed from just showing your BC card :roll: Seems a bit pointless really!
TallestTim

Post by TallestTim »

sisavedbygrace wrote:
gaz wrote:

Managed to sort it by emailing cycling uk for some reason it didn't recognise me as a member, its been sorted now and I got my 10% discount :) thanks

I'm still having this issue across two different browsers , and have emailed the webmaster about it, so it's still a problem for some :(
BertYardbrush

Re: Halfords discount?

Post by BertYardbrush »

This is NOT straightforward.
It is as clear as mud.

the real situation is, you go to Halfords, choose a product, take it to the counter and wave your membership card.
They tell you, where's the barcode, there's an app.
They mention British Cycling.
I'm not British Cycling, I'm Cycling UK/CTC.
You need a bar code
Look at phone, no app.
Go on We Are Cycling UK website. Search for Halfords discount.
Read the page, press You must be logged in.
Takes you to personal membership details.
Now how the hell do you get back to the Halfords Discount Voucher page?
It is simply infuriating.
Fortunately they took me for what I am, a grumpy old git, and gave me the discount, probably to get rid of me.
yorkshiredoc

Post by yorkshiredoc »

I had the same situation and was unable to see the voucher. I telephoned the membership department and eventually they discovered that the membership number they had for me was incorrect and once they'd corrected this I was able to see and print the voucher.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

You don't have to print the voucher just download oonto your phone. so providing you have a smart phone with internet cover, you can download the voucher in the shop if needs be
NUKe

Post by robgul »

NUKe wrote:You don't have to print the voucher just download oonto your phone. so providing you have a smart phone with internet cover, you can download the voucher in the shop if needs be

My experience has been to go to Halfords, pick up the item and go to the bike dept counter (not the main checkout) wave your British Cycling card (or CTC) and the guy behind the counter scans a barcode he has on a sheet by the till and the discount is applied. I also bought a car satnav using tbis method :!:

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

robgul wrote:
NUKe wrote:You don't have to print the voucher just download oonto your phone. so providing you have a smart phone with internet cover, you can download the voucher in the shop if needs be

My experience has been to go to Halfords, pick up the item and go to the bike dept counter (not the main checkout) wave your British Cycling card (or CTC) and the guy behind the counter scans a barcode he has on a sheet by the till and the discount is applied. I also bought a car satnav using tbis method :!:

Rob

They wouldn't give me a discount on a car satnav since it is for cycling products only.
John
RickH

Post by RickH »

robgul wrote:My experience has been to go to Halfords, pick up the item and go to the bike dept counter (not the main checkout) wave your British Cycling card (or CTC) and the guy behind the counter scans a barcode he has on a sheet by the till and the discount is applied. I also bought a car satnav using tbis method :!:

Rob

Is that recent experience? Yes it used to be the way things were done. I'm guessing things have changed, both for BC & Cycling UK, because it was too easy for lapsed members to carry on getting the discounts. The old BC discount used to be much wider too - you could use it for car stuff & sale items. I once bought some car floor mats that were in a sale AND got a BC discount!
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.