Halfords Cycling UK Discount

PH

Re: Halfords discount?

Post by PH »

RickH wrote:Is that recent experience? Yes it used to be the way things were done. I'm guessing things have changed, both for BC & Cycling UK, because it was too easy for lapsed members to carry on getting the discounts.

The T&C's for CUK and BC are the same, you need your card and that months voucher and it only applies to cycle stuff.
Of course Halfords being Halfords, either some of the staff don't know or can't be bothered, I've had the discount recently without showing card or voucher, I just asked, started getting the card out of my wallet and they were already asking for the payment. It was for tools that could be used on a bike but were not cycle specific, I didn't want to make it too easy for them.
RickH

Post by RickH »

PH wrote:
RickH wrote:Is that recent experience? Yes it used to be the way things were done. I'm guessing things have changed, both for BC & Cycling UK, because it was too easy for lapsed members to carry on getting the discounts.

The T&C's for CUK and BC are the same, you need your card and that months voucher and it only applies to cycle stuff.
Of course Halfords being Halfords, either some of the staff don't know or can't be bothered, I've had the discount recently without showing card or voucher, I just asked, started getting the card out of my wallet and they were already asking for the payment. It was for tools that could be used on a bike but were not cycle specific, I didn't want to make it too easy for them.

The BC deal changed a few years ago (maybe 3 or 4) before that it was just a discount on "any purchase" at Halfords (& didn't exclude sale items either).
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
robgul

Post by robgul »

RickH wrote:
robgul wrote:My experience has been to go to Halfords, pick up the item and go to the bike dept counter (not the main checkout) wave your British Cycling card (or CTC) and the guy behind the counter scans a barcode he has on a sheet by the till and the discount is applied. I also bought a car satnav using tbis method :!:

Rob

Is that recent experience? Yes it used to be the way things were done. I'm guessing things have changed, both for BC & Cycling UK, because it was too easy for lapsed members to carry on getting the discounts. The old BC discount used to be much wider too - you could use it for car stuff & sale items. I once bought some car floor mats that were in a sale AND got a BC discount!

Last time was about 3 weeks ago when I bought some disc pads for a job at my shop (the trade supplier was out of stock) - he did look at the card validity date. There was a laminated card beside the till with about 10 barcodes which I assume were for different classes of purchase or discount - he just scanned my product and one of the codes.

Rob
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
yorkshiredoc

Post by yorkshiredoc »

I ordered some cycling bits 2 days ago from the Halfords website when they had a 10% off flash sale. On collection today received an extra 10% off with my CUK card and voucher.
Marin2005

Halfords Discount

Post by Marin2005 »

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum so please forgive me if this is in the wrong topic area.

I have started doing up my second and very neglected bike for commuting to work. As Halfords is the nearest bike spares shop to me and my Cycling UK membership gets me a discount on cycling bits n bobs I gave them a whirl a couple of days ago. So I made my purchase, showed the assistant my Cycling UK members card and got a discount off the whole order.
Today I needed one more component that cost over £20. I showed my membership card and the assistant told me that they only allow the cycling UK app on a phone to give a discount.
I paid the full price, went home and tried to find 'we are cycling uk' app on the google store. I can't seem to find it and I don't even know if the Halfords assistant had the correct information either.
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.
mattheus

Re: Halfords Discount

Post by mattheus »

There's some more info here:

https://www.cyclinguk.org/member-benefits/halfords

Seems like you can print-out the voucher, OR take it on your smart-phone.

Aplogies if that page is out-of-date, or just plain wrong!

How to claim your discount
Present your voucher and membership card in store to receive your discount. You need to be logged in to this website to view the promotional voucher at the bottom of the page (see below for instructions).
A new voucher will be published on the first of each month. You can either show this page on your phone, or print out the voucher below.
Tilley

Post by Tilley »

I ordered a part and on collection had the same issue with not being able to access the Cycling UK code. I then remembered i could get the same discount using my AA membership but same applies and as i hadn't registered online with the AA that didn't help. I finally got my discount using another source. Altogether very frustrating.
Marin2005

Post by Marin2005 »

Many thanks, I did some digging after posting my message and felt a bit lazy for not seeing the voucher code in the first place. I think I will knock Halfords on the head and buy my spares on line in the future.
bugsburgess

Halfords

Post by bugsburgess »

Do Halfords give a discount for CyclingUk members ?
TrevA

Re: Halfords

Post by TrevA »

Yes.

You need to login to the Cycling UK website using your membership number, you may need to set up your account. You will then be taken to a page with your details. On the right is a tab for member benefits. This shows you get 10% discount from Halfords (and 15% from Cycle Surgery).

Click on the link to the Halfords discount page on the CUK website and it tells you how to claim it, it is a voucher code that changes every month.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
Jdsk

Re: Halfords Cycling UK Discount

Post by Jdsk »

And you can use the Club discount on items that are already going cheap, and at Halfords that's a lot of items.

Jonathan
mjr

Re: Halfords

Post by mjr »

TrevA wrote:(and 15% from Cycle Surgery).

Only the Great Portland St and Bishop's Square (Spitalfields) branches are currently open and the chain is closing down, last I heard: https://road.cc/content/news/270347-cyc ... ustainable
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
LifeofBrian

Post by LifeofBrian »

I can't see the voucher code either?
Do you have to be a paid member to get a membership card & voucher?
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

LifeofBrian wrote:I can't see the voucher code either?
Do you have to be a paid member to get a membership card & voucher?

Yes, you have to be a paid up Cycling UK member, not just a member of the forum. It’s one of the perks of membership.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
andrich

Halfords code

Post by andrich »

Can anybody tell me where to find the Halfords 10% discount code on the website? The CTC website has to be the most difficult site to find your way around!