New look Cycling UK clothing ... coming soon.

vat1666firerates1

Re: New look Cycling UK clothing ... coming soon.

Postby vat1666firerates1 » 18 Apr 2019, 10:20am

gaz wrote:
steady eddy wrote:Oh what a can of worms I have opened

Don't worry AndyK has shut it quickly and firmly. I can't imagine that any of them had time to escape.

AK appears to be the trustees enforcer to shut down any decent from the membership :D

Lance Dopestrong

Postby Lance Dopestrong » 18 Apr 2019, 1:44pm

Looking at the photos I have decided not to order any of this apparel, as it appears to make the wearers grin inanely :lol:
https://themediocrecyclist.home.blog
Self employed MIAS L5.B Instructor.
Warwickshire Lowland Rescue Bike lead.
IPMBA certified member.
Cyctech C2 hammer and crowbar bodger.
Lapsed CTC Ride Leader, amateur hour stuff from the fun old days.

AndyK

Postby AndyK » 18 Apr 2019, 11:39pm

vat1666firerates1 wrote:
gaz wrote:
steady eddy wrote:Oh what a can of worms I have opened

Don't worry AndyK has shut it quickly and firmly. I can't imagine that any of them had time to escape.

AK appears to be the trustees enforcer to shut down any decent from the membership :D

Ha! That idea would give the other trustees a good laugh.

In this case steady eddy said something that was demonstrably incorrect, so I drew his attention to the facts. Not sure how you think this is crushing dissent.

gaz

Postby gaz » 18 Apr 2019, 11:57pm

AndyK wrote:Not sure how you think this is crushing dissent.

I think that you may be opening a hat full of marmalade sandwiches :mrgreen: .
Hand wash only. Do not iron.

steady eddy

Postby steady eddy » 30 Apr 2019, 1:03pm

I am not sure there was anything "demonstrably incorrect" in my statement - I said - given their constant campaigning for road safety for cyclists why don't they offer brighter colours.

I made no statement that bright colours were any safer than dark colours - although personally I believe that to be the case - That judgement was forced on me by others.

All I want is choice, so that I can have a brighter coloured cycling uk top, that I and no doubt many others like me will feel safe wearing. Why others feel it necessary to denigrate this point of view I do not know.

AndyK

Postby AndyK » 30 Apr 2019, 1:19pm

steady eddy wrote:I am not sure there was anything "demonstrably incorrect" in my statement - I said - given their constant campaigning for road safety for cyclists why don't they offer brighter colours.

I made no statement that bright colours were any safer than dark colours - although personally I believe that to be the case - That judgement was forced on me by others.

All I want is choice, so that I can have a brighter coloured cycling uk top, that I and no doubt many others like me will feel safe wearing. Why others feel it necessary to denigrate this point of view I do not know.

I was referring to the bit where you said:
I prefer to cycle in bright colours, (an option endorsed by Cycling UK)

I was just pointing out that it isn't "endorsed" by Cycling UK.

Personally I have no problem with you wearing bright colours - I favour bright red myself and I feel that it may improve my safety, but I accept that there is little scientific or statistical evidence to support my feeling. As with much else in life, "common sense" isn't always borne out by the facts.